Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I previously owned a 08 RTL that was totaled in Nov 2014 at 136k. I spent 4 months in Accord Sport hell before returning to a 2012 Ridgeline Sport this past weekend. I would have went RTL, but our market is thin in my area so I took a Sport with 35k miles. Love the truck, can't get used to the drivers seat. In my RTL I could raise the front up at a greater angle than the rear of the seat, anyone done that with a Sport model? It would have to be done manually by removing bolts and putting in some sort of metal spacer to raise it up. Just curious if anyone has tried I the past. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
127 Posts
the seats front bolts flat to the floor so you could insert a couple of washers underneath to raise it up. You may need longer bolts though. It is a metric fine thread 14mm bolt, which to access you simply pull the two plastic covers straight out towards the pedals.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I would use a spacer with a more broad base, to prevent any instability or swaying actions. Something like a solid rectangular block with a hold drilled in it. Also, with that kind of a spacer you could go higher than just using washers.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I ended up stacking washers, adding a little black tape to hold them together and hide the evidence, then bolting all down with longer bolts. Trip to the hardware store took more time than the work did. Pictures attached. ImageUploadedByAG Free1427423468.253645.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1427423482.043990.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1427423492.450912.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
How about a pic of the finished project (the seat). Does it show much below the seat trim?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts