Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never looked at my 2011 for this but I did on my 2013..do all Ridgelines look this exposed underneath the dash on the driver side? Does anyone else hear a metallic pinging sound during acceleration or over some bumps? This is not coming from the seat as I already had that TB addressed by the dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
I don't here any noise at all and unfortunatly I have to drive on some bumpy dirt roads on the way to my camp ground. Quiet as a church mouse!

·
Registered
437 Posts
welcome from Oregon --I had a rattle in my 06 in the front --when i took off the front lip i found a new hood prop laying there--Strange to say the least??

·
Registered
120 Posts
I never looked at my 2011 for this but I did on my 2013..do all Ridgelines look this exposed underneath the dash on the driver side? Does anyone else hear a metallic pinging sound during acceleration or over some bumps? This is not coming from the seat as I already had that TB addressed by the dealership.
I had that exact same sound from my '09 during acceleration. Sounded like a metallic vibration only at certain throttle/RPM's. Turned out to be a loose screw on the air cleaner housing. :act035:

·
Registered
120 Posts
welcome from Oregon --I had a rattle in my 06 in the front --when i took off the front lip i found a new hood prop laying there--Strange to say the least??
WTF?? My girlfriend's F150 had the same thing. We found an old hood prop stuck down in the engine bay rubbing against the serpentine belt. She had an accident a few years back, I guess the service tech. lost it and left it there. The did have to replace those parts after the accident. Scary it was in there all those years. Funny thing is that she took it to Firestone for an oil change and they recommended a belt change, but never noticed the prop as the cause of the rubbing on the belt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts