Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a 2013 rtl with nav. I was reading the owner's manual and realized that there was no mention of streaming audio over Bluetooth. Is this the case?

On a side note, am I crazy to consider buying an RL during this airbag recall?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
The airbag problem only becomes an issue if you have a crash:) Many of us are driving on. Repairs should be available in a few weeks. This should be a great time to get a good deal on a RL.
The Nav in the RTL is pretty outdated. You may consider updating the Head Unit with one that has Bluetooth and some other bells and whistles included.
Regardless, here is a post that covers a streaming audio fix.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/9-mobile-electronics/104897-definitive-usa-spec-bt45-hon3-works-2014-se-nav-xm.html

·
Administrator
16,008 Posts
I'm considering a 2013 rtl with nav. I was reading the owner's manual and realized that there was no mention of streaming audio over Bluetooth. Is this the case?

On a side note, am I crazy to consider buying an RL during this airbag recall?
Correct. There is no Bluetooth streaming audio for music - only for phone calls.

The only way you'll be able to buy a Ridgeline right now is at a non-Honda dealer or from a private party since Honda has issued a stop-sale order to its dealers on all recalled models.

Replacement airbag inflators are expected to begin arriving in the Summer. That's a few months months (not weeks) from now. Inflator replacements will likely continue into next year.

If you do buy a Ridgeline now, you can park it and Honda will give you something else to drive for the next several months at no cost to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts