Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I might have the chance to upgrade to a new RL and want
the opinions of ROCers that have done this.
What are the differences between the '10 and '14 besides the compass in the
mirror,the coin holder?
Does the '14 still have the grade logic programming?
Does the '14 have the outside temp on the RTL(Sport does not).
Does the "new" one feel as good as the old one?
Mine has 71k and I really don't like some of the news I have heard
on the 2nd gen.Call me old school but I am very content with the first gen.
I am also scared because my RL has been very trouble free!
Thank you for your input!
I am going tomorrow the see if the salesman can earn my business!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
How many miles on your '10??? What kind of shape is it in???
In other words, would you be selling it if you weren't looking at the 2014?

Is it good for a few more laps, or is it ready for the dust bin?

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
He has 71K which is still not huge IMO. I have only 38K on my '10. I really feel like driving it into the ground as long as I can see it is reliable, and my insurance and registration rates keep dropping. It's a win-win.. maybe add one more 'win'.

In summary I like it well enough to keep, and enough that I don't need to see what a new one is like. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Thanks Rollin..... I didn't see that mileage in OP post (blinders!). I did note that he said he'd had good luck with it. I'm with you.... if it ain't broke, don't fix it! (Unless it's ugly & falling apart, LOL)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'm with you.... if it ain't broke, don't fix it! (Unless it's ugly & falling apart, LOL)
Really............ I could find many post on here thats says otherwise. Not sayin your wrong but I just replaced my timin belt and on another thread someone went 200,+++ miles and all was good and he just replaced. Along with everything that has ever come up on the MM. I could have gone another ten years to get that many miles. Confused :act002:, whats good for one may or may not be good for another. Its a roll of the dice. I'm not going to do anything with mine anymore I'll take the risk. I'm with ya at over 100,000 trouble free miles but just dont care anymore. I'll save the money for something new in a few years.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than nicks and scatches it is good.
A little vacuum cleaner noise at start up.
Just love the first gen and want to have one
longer.And would like to start over.
Get a light color and I might be able to get a
new one for what I paid for my '10.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
I might have the chance to upgrade to a new RL and want
the opinions of ROCers that have done this.
What are the differences between the '10 and '14 besides the compass in the
mirror,the coin holder?
Does the '14 still have the grade logic programming?
Does the '14 have the outside temp on the RTL(Sport does not).
Does the "new" one feel as good as the old one?
Mine has 71k and I really don't like some of the news I have heard
on the 2nd gen.Call me old school but I am very content with the first gen.
I am also scared because my RL has been very trouble free!
Thank you for your input!
I am going tomorrow the see if the salesman can earn my business!
There is very little difference between a 2010 and 2014 Ridgeline. You named the most significant changes.
Same grade logic, same feel, etc. There were some minor structural changes, but nothing that changes the overall vehicle experience.
I'm surprised you could find a new 2014... there are very few left.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Really............ I could find many post on here thats says otherwise. Not sayin your wrong but I just replaced my timin belt and on another thread someone went 200,+++ miles and all was good and he just replaced. Along with everything that has ever come up on the MM. I could have gone another ten years to get that many miles. Confused :act002:, whats good for one may or may not be good for another. Its a roll of the dice. I'm not going to do anything with mine anymore I'll take the risk. I'm with ya at over 100,000 trouble free miles but just dont care anymore. I'll save the money for something new in a few years.
LOL,,,, so now I'm confused. I'm not sure what you meant NL, but you might have misread my meaning by "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?? I was using that expression (apparently badly) in a very broad way, meaning 'If your current truck is doing fine by you & suiting your needs, why replace it?". That's all. :)

P.S. OP provided more clarity since then on his motivations.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
=The fact is there's not a nickles worth of difference between a 2009+ Ridgeline and a 2014. The rear view camera is the biggest exception. There are less than 600 new 2014 Ridgelines left in the USA. Soon that opportunity will be gone. Period.

If you want to move up there are ZERO negative and a few positives. In reality other than the backup camera you couldn't tell which you were in.

·
Registered
634 Posts
=The fact is there's not a nickles worth of difference between a 2009+ Ridgeline and a 2014. The rear view camera is the biggest exception. There are less than 600 new 2014 Ridgelines left in the USA. Soon that opportunity will be gone. Period.

If you want to move up there are ZERO negative and a few positives. In reality other than the backup camera you couldn't tell which you were in.
I'd just upgrade your stereo and get a decent one with bluetooth and capability for a backup camera. Then you'll have bluetooth (I HATE not having that) and a bigger backup camera than the rest of us.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,339 Posts
There is a least some evidence on this forum that the build quality for the last year (or two) of the Ridgeline is not as good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
MrNewEngland,

I did a quick web search for a Bluetooth audio receiver with an audio output. My idea was to plug the Bluetooth receiver into the Ridge aux audio connector. The Bluetooth receiver I found works off an internal battery so the install takes no time -- just plug it in. There may be other units out there but this was one I found quickly.

On Amazon: "Mpow® Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with Hands Free Calling 3.5 Mm Stereo Output LED Indicator One Touch Connect Button and Integrated multi-point technology for iphone 6, 6 Plus, 5 5c 5s 4s ipad, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 3, iPod, MP3 and other Audio Devices". It only costs $16.99 -- boom!

·
Registered
634 Posts
MrNewEngland,

I did a quick web search for a Bluetooth audio receiver with an audio output. My idea was to plug the Bluetooth receiver into the Ridge aux audio connector. The Bluetooth receiver I found works off an internal battery so the install takes no time -- just plug it in. There may be other units out there but this was one I found quickly.

On Amazon: "Mpow® Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with Hands Free Calling 3.5 Mm Stereo Output LED Indicator One Touch Connect Button and Integrated multi-point technology for iphone 6, 6 Plus, 5 5c 5s 4s ipad, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 3, iPod, MP3 and other Audio Devices". It only costs $16.99 -- boom!

http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Integrated-multi-point-technology/dp/B008AGQMQC#Ask

That... is AWESOME. I never would've thought to have looked for something like that. But that's going to solve all my problems. And as an added bonus the buttons on my steering wheel will still work.

Plus the spot where Honda put the aux jack just went from stupid to perfect.

Thanks, grace!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are welcome. The only caveat is that it might not like extreme heat of a car. You will have to check out the temp specs. You may have to take it in and out of the car with you -- like your phone or ipod.

Actually, my wife's name is Grace and I'm Eric.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts