Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I recently hit something and damaged the driveshaft / Propeller shaft in my 2014 Ridgeline SE. Any recommendations on who to use to replace the part (OEM or after market and why?) I see the part ranges in price form 500.00-800.00 Any insight on who to use and why would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Options I’d explore:

—Junkyard part
—Driveline company to repair

I’ve had LOTS of drivelines repaired, lengthened, shortened, rebuilt, or partially replaced by experienced driveline shops. They’re good at what they do, and there’s no way there aren’t at least a couple to several in the DFW area.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
As long as you have a flat driveway and you are able to crawl under the truck with no issue, then you can do this swap in 1 to 1.5 hrs. I did mine in July of this month.
I purchased the Dorman - OE Solutions 936-034 Rear Drive Shaft Assembly unit for $600 shipped (from Amazon). Lot of other other outlets, such as RockAuto, Autoanything, etc etc, may have a lesser price, but with tax and freight, the price lands you in the mid $700.
Also you need the 8 new bolts (90113-S3V-A00) that go on either end of the propeller shafts. Get these bolts from Hondapartsnow.com as they were the cheapest online with tax and shipping. My local dealership wanted $1.40/bolt plus tax and had a wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts