Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for threads about this topic, but I couldn't find anything. If anyone has links to where this has been previously discussed, I'm all ears.

Presently, I'm dissatisfied with the performance of the original manufacturer equipment for my 2014 EX bluetooth-connected cell phone microphone.

My phone syncs up to the truck fine, but callers have a very hard time understanding me on the other end. I can hear them fine, and my incoming audio adjusts very well with the volume control knob on the stereo.

I have a good speaking voice, and have successfully interfaced with other similar systems - so I know that the possibility of user error in that department is lower.

That being said, two lines of questioning:

1) How difficult would it be to upgrade (read: replace) my original manufacturer microphone? And are there suitable aftermarket equipment possibilities?

2) Is it possible to "fix" or adjust the original manufacturer microphone to make the sound more clear/audible?

I'm fairly handy and I'm not afraid to cut on my baby a little bit if she looks better afterward. I came to this forum in awe of some of the projects that you guys have taken on and I continue to be amazed at the threads I see pop up. Love this community. :act030:

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
The BlueTooth in the Ridgeline was a patch job that was old when introduced in 2009. It uses the navigation system microphone (which is pretty bad). There's not much you can do about the sound quality, but you can increase the microphone gain in the navigation system hidden menu (you can search the forum about how to get into it and what you can adjust). Personally I've given up on the OEM BlueTooth on my last 3 Ridgelines... it's terrible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts