Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the "bad disc" error the other day so am looking to repair/replace my CD changer and I have a couple of questions.
Can the OEM CD changer be replaced separately from the Navi and Radio units? (Im meaning replace the CD changer with another OEM CD player) and if so, will my current radio and navi security codes still work or does changing over to a different OEM CD unit mean I'll need the codes from that unit in order to reset it after install?
Searched the forums but didn't find anything addressing that
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,288 Posts
Your title and post are a little confusing. Are you talking about the navigation system under your seat or the six-disc changer behind the infotainment touchscreen?

If you are talking about the navigation system, I too got the "bad disc" error which means that the Alpine produced navigation unit under your seat has failed and needs to be replaced. When Honda replaced mine, under warranty, they did not give me a new security code for the system; so I guess they programmed it with the original code; otherwise your guess is as good as mine on the security code stuff.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to clarify....my Ridge has the factory installed Navigation system, the error is in the CD changer and not the Nav system- the issue is it wont play, eject or let me change over to other CDs loaded within the changer(1-6 in the changer) - the radio and navigation systems themselves work fine. So the questions are-
1-Can I replace just the OEM CD Changer with another OEM changer or does the entire unit have to be changed
2- If I can replace just the CD changer and I do, will my current Navi and Radio reset codes work or do I need new ones from the replaced changer (assuming I find a used one off a salvage ridge or buy a new replacement from Honda parts)

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,288 Posts
It looks like you can get an OEM replacement CD changer from Honda for not much money, checkout BenardiParts.com and look at part number 39110-SJC-A51ZARM.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered it but it was cancelled today so I emailed them to inquire-turns out they only sell as a replacement item to a service dept/dealer under a warranty claim and not to an individuals or thru retail :^(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update to my post-In answer to the questions- I ended up buying a changer out of a salvage ridge as a new unit was $450+ with shipping-
Swapping out just the changer was relatively simple, most difficult part was disconnecting all the connectors on the switches for the dash cover, once that's done removing the CD changer from the Nav/Radio unit is four screws and two connectors to remove (note- the whole unit is pretty heavy and has sharp edges, so wear jeans not shorts like I did or youll end up with several cuts -at least I did , doh!)
The big question I had was if Id need to have a new radio or nav code to reprogram before the unit would work and thankfully that's a no, the original codes from my Ridge wereall that was needed and Im up and listening again- thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts