Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first thing you might think is, "Not another thread about finding switched power!" but this is different.

I've installed lots of electronics in my cars, and I generally get out the multimeter and poke around at empty spaces in the fuse box until I find the power supply that I need, either switched or constant. I need to find switched power in my Ridgeline, so that's exactly what I did. I was surprised to find that all empty spaces in my fuse box have power when the key is off. I even checked the seat heater fuses under the hood - same thing!

That's not normal. I even found in this forum where others have found switched power in their fuse boxes. I checked those fuses in my Ridgeline and they have constant power. I've never seen anything like this.

Is there somehow something different about newer Ridgelines and how the switched power operates, or am I completely losing my mind? If a relay is missing that would control the power switching, wouldn't they just be dead all the time rather than live all the time?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Are you checking all the fuse boxes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I checked the under-dash fusebox and the under-hood fusebox specifically the spot where seat heaters would have been installed if my vehicle came with them. Surely they'd put the seat heaters on switched power. When I test it I get constant power.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Obviously that's not the case otherwise the radio, the AC, etc. would have full time power, right?

Must be operator error

1 - 4 of 4 Posts