Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a 2014 Black RTL navi, but love the looks of the Sport wheels... just a couple of questions...

Are the Sport rims the same as the SE rims?
Will the stock RTL tires fit on Sport rims?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Answer to question 1 = No

Answer to question 2 = Yes

Your RTL rims are the same as the Sport rims except the Sport rims are painted black on the inside. Therefore, if you're willing to pay for it, you could have these professionally painted, machined and clear coated just like the Sport rims.

All Ridgeline stock 18" tires are the same Michelin LTX which included on the RTL, Sport and SE. The SE rims are from the Pilot Touring but put on the Ridgeline SE.

J

·
Registered
56 Posts
Answer to question 1 = No

Answer to question 2 = Yes

Your RTL rims are the same as the Sport rims except the Sport rims are painted black on the inside. Therefore, if you're willing to pay for it, you could have these professionally painted, machined and clear coated just like the Sport rims.

All Ridgeline stock 18" tires are the same Michelin LTX which included on the RTL, Sport and SE. The SE rims are from the Pilot Touring but put on the Ridgeline SE.

J

Would you point me in the right direction to have my 13 RTL wheels painted/machined so that they look like the sport wheels?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes - don't. Buy sport rims off ebay, CL, or even new from one of the discount houses. Have your tires and TPMS sensors transferred over, then sell your current rims.

You'll end up with more money in your pocket - recoating and machining is expensive if you're looking to have it done right.

Flymo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where do you live in Wisconsin? I have a Sport but I'm not in love with the wheels. I'm in the Minneapolis area and I'd consider a swap if it isn't too much of a hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts