Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2014 Leftover, traded the wife's 2006 Element( 160,000 miles) in, she takes my Ridgeline we move up to this. We needed the extra tow capability so we can get a bigger camper. The Tundra handled just about the same as the Ridgeline. The biggest difference was in the horse power and gas mileage. With the Ridgeline I got 20 norm, 10 towing, Tundra 19 norm and 16 towing. No high revving going uphill.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Looks really nice, I'm sure your going to enjoy it

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,333 Posts
Fuelly shows that Tundra's average between 14 and 15 mpg while the Ridge averages around 17. Your results of course may vary but in general the Tundra is not known for its fuel mileage.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the SR5 with 5.7L engine and tow package, most of my driving is straight back roads, 55 mph get just over 380 miles per tank, which was about the same in the Ridgeline, which I could push to about 21 mpg. If Honda made a bigger truck we would own it. We don't want to give up the Ridgeline until a new one comes out, we still love it and its still the main ride.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If Honda made a bigger truck we would own it. We don't want to give up the Ridgeline until a new one comes out, we still love it and its still the main ride.
First off, amazing gas mileage! I was considering a Tundra, but the gas mileage made it a scratch off the list. As far as Honda making a bigger truck, I think we all would wish for that but Honda seems quite complacent with smaller vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts