Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife looked at the new Ridgeline and decided she didn't like it as much as her 2006. Rear doors are smaller, trunk is smaller, center console protrudes into the back quite a bit more, hates the shifter in the console, etc., so she has decided she would rather have a low-mileage 2014 in white.

Holy crap they are high. MSRP on a 2014 RTL was $36,000 and invoice was $33,000. I've found a few with less than 20K miles but the dealers want what it cost new. I saw a certified one in TN for $32,500 but it had already sold when I called. Was looking at another one from an independent dealer in GA but they won't budge below $33,500. One in OK with 9K miles for $33,000 but no sale until airbag recall is done. None had navigation.

I realize Honda holds its value but this is ridiculous. Hopefully prices will trend down some now that the new model is out and people start trading in for a new one. I wish I had just bought a new one two years ago.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
671 Posts
My wife looked at the new Ridgeline and decided she didn't like it as much as her 2006. Rear doors are smaller, trunk is smaller, center console protrudes into the back quite a bit more, hates the shifter in the console, etc., so she has decided she would rather have a low-mileage 2014 in white.

Holy crap they are high. MSRP on a 2014 RTL was $36,000 and invoice was $33,000. I've found a few with less than 20K miles but the dealers want what it cost new. I saw a certified one in TN for $32,500 but it had already sold when I called. Was looking at another one from an independent dealer in GA but they won't budge below $33,500. One in OK with 9K miles for $33,000 but no sale until airbag recall is done. None had navigation.

I realize Honda holds its value but this is ridiculous. Hopefully prices will trend down some now that the new model is out and people start trading in for a new one. I wish I had just bought a new one two years ago.
Ive been watching 2014 prices and they have dropped 1-2.5K since the 17s came out. Be glad you werent looking 3 months ago.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Have you checked Cars.com there are still 7 Ridgelines (2012-2014) listed as available "New"

May be worth checking into

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked Cars.com there are still 7 Ridgelines (2012-2014) listed as available "New"

May be worth checking into
Thanks for the heads up. I had not checked cars.com. It looks like three of those may still be available, two in NY and one in Miami. Going to call my local dealer today and see if an inter-dealer transfer is possible. I'm sure I'll pay for shipping but that would beat a flight to either place followed by a 1,000 mile trip back.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Ahhh, but a Road Trip in a new Vehicle would be epic...

OR

Call the Dealers Direct and see if you can negotiate a killer deal on the RL's directly and then find a vehicle shipper to contract.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts