Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 2014 RL...the harness was installed backwards and contacted the belt drive and cut into the wiring (less than 100 miles on the vehichle). Im curious if anyone else has experienced this issue?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
First I've heard of this happening.

You're under warranty. Insist they replace the entire harness and not just repair it.

Since it's exposed to the weather, I wouldn't want crimp connectors or soldered repairs, even if well-done, in that area.

Chip H.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Having wiring trouble with a brand new truck is the pits. Unfortunately I know about this sort of thing, although not the problem you are having.

I must admit I am having trouble visualizing the harness in backwards. They must have actually tried to do it wrong in order to accomplish that. Unless the truck was wrecked and they put it back together wrong. Hmmm.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,190 Posts
I need to see a picture of the affected area. My mental image is coming up short.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First I've heard of this happening.

You're under warranty. Insist they replace the entire harness and not just repair it.

Since it's exposed to the weather, I wouldn't want crimp connectors or soldered repairs, even if well-done, in that area.

Chip H.
The dealer actually swapped trucks... mirror imagines with 10 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts