Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for haircut early yesterday mourning and stopped at Walmart to buy something to make change for barber.
So it's just 2 city miles from my house to Walmart and barber is just a block away from Walmart on the same main street. I went in got stuff and then parked in front of barber shop he was late opening over slept. I was there at 6:30AM he did not arrive until 7:20AM I was about to pull off.
So I had car running idling while waiting nothing have not done before it was cold yesterday mourning in low 20s. I go in for a cut about 20mins.
When I get back into car to come home started it up check engine and TCS light pop on. No problems with car running so I bring it home and park it.
I have posted before that that I have had problems with old TL car still drives like dream but things need to be replaced starting to throw money into it.
The last time this summer car was in shop after sitting parked for 2yrs un started that was back in June 2016 so it's still under warranty for dealer to check from previous work this summer. So Ox sensor was replaced 2 yrs ago before it was just parked then in June they put ignition coil in as it had rough running problem that's why it stayed parked. So got towed 20 miles to Acura by AAA and ACURA can't look at car until Monday.
Anyway picked up loaner car for trip home they asked was TLX okay I said fine. This past summer I had 2017 MDX AWD TECH loaner 2,000 miles so yesterday I get the 2015 TLX 3.5L SH-AWD TECH Package loaner 12,000 miles. 290HP 9speed push button transmission Idle Stop feature Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) Paddle shifters. the usual safety stuff (EBD) Agile Handling Assist Forward Collision Warning Lane Keep, Assist, Blind Spot.
Jewel Eye LED Headlights Keyless Entry Smart Rear Cross Traffic Nav with Traffic street highway conditions. ELS 10 speaker premium Audio HD Radio
Rain Sensing Wipers.
It's a pretty quick car 5.8sec 0-60 well planted good brakes not soft like new Ridgeline or RDX I drove pedal feel is more like my 3.2 TL harder and stop well I had to hit them this mourning **** women in newer type Accord almost ran stop sign from cross street I had slam them on. Had to get use to push button transmission and park and revers button. The operation of the parking brake takes some getting use to pulling up on button pushing it down to release. But like cars with hand brake just a push button. Idle Stop/Start is weird glad I knew about it because it scared me the car just cut off at traffic light at the entrance/exit to Acura dealership. I figured how to turn it off. It defaults back to on each time you start car. You have to turn it off if don't want on. Another feature that it has is Brake Hold so you can push button when stopped for say traffic jam lift foot off brake pedal. This will keep the car still. Also has skinny volume knob for Radio that you can push in or have out to turn. As said in other post I use steering mounted control this has rolling type volume button and you move left or right to change stations or songs for CD as it had one I put one in early this mourning XM was not activated and early Sunday no regular music on Radio.
So one thing that happen while driving with it this mourning something started flashing in the gauge cluster repeated flashing BRAKE then stopped. Nothing was that near in front of me I was going over a rutted pot hole fixed part of the street down slight hill rough section. Why would big Brake message would flash. Pretty good car would get one next vehicle but Black Edition is the one for me.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went out for haircut early yesterday mourning and stopped at Walmart to buy something to make change for barber.
So it's just 2 city miles from my house to Walmart and barber is just a block away from Walmart on the same main street. I went in got stuff and then parked in front of barber shop he was late opening over slept. I was there at 6:30AM he did not arrive until 7:20AM I was about to pull off.
So I had car running idling while waiting nothing have not done before it was cold yesterday mourning in low 20s. I go in for a cut about 20mins.
When I get back into car to come home started it up check engine and TCS light pop on. No problems with car running so I bring it home and park it.
I have posted before that that I have had problems with old TL car still drives like dream but things need to be replaced starting to throw money into it.
The last time this summer car was in shop after sitting parked for 2yrs un started that was back in June 2016 so it's still under warranty for dealer to check from previous work this summer. So Ox sensor was replaced 2 yrs ago before it was just parked then in June they put ignition coil in as it had rough running problem that's why it stayed parked. So got towed 20 miles to Acura by AAA and ACURA can't look at car until Monday.
Anyway picked up loaner car for trip home they asked was TLX okay I said fine. This past summer I had 2017 MDX AWD TECH loaner 2,000 miles so yesterday I get the 2015 TLX 3.5L SH-AWD TECH Package loaner 12,000 miles. 290HP 9speed push button transmission Idle Stop feature Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) Paddle shifters. the usual safety stuff (EBD) Agile Handling Assist Forward Collision Warning Lane Keep, Assist, Blind Spot.
Jewel Eye LED Headlights Keyless Entry Smart Rear Cross Traffic Nav with Traffic street highway conditions. ELS 10 speaker premium Audio HD Radio
Rain Sensing Wipers.
It's a pretty quick car 5.8sec 0-60 well planted good brakes not soft like new Ridgeline or RDX I drove pedal feel is more like my 3.2 TL harder and stop well I had to hit them this mourning **** women in newer type Accord almost ran stop sign from cross street I had slam them on. Had to get use to push button transmission and park and revers button. The operation of the parking brake takes some getting use to pulling up on button pushing it down to release. But like cars with hand brake just a push button. Idle Stop/Start is weird glad I knew about it because it scared me the car just cut off at traffic light at the entrance/exit to Acura dealership. I figured how to turn it off. It defaults back to on each time you start car. You have to turn it off if don't want on. Another feature that it has is Brake Hold so you can push button when stopped for say traffic jam lift foot off brake pedal. This will keep the car still. Also has skinny volume knob for Radio that you can push in or have out to turn. As said in other post I use steering mounted control this has rolling type volume button and you move left or right to change stations or songs for CD as it had one I put one in early this mourning XM was not activated and early Sunday no regular music on Radio.
So one thing that happen while driving with it this mourning something started flashing in the gauge cluster repeated flashing BRAKE then stopped. Nothing was that near in front of me I was going over a rutted pot hole fixed part of the street down slight hill rough section. Why would big Brake message would flash. Pretty good car would get one next vehicle but Black Edition is the one for me.
Okay I looked at TLX website about the Brake Warning Flashing message and the audible sound it is Forward Collison Warning like I thought but I was not about to run into anything.
Car in front was maybe 4 car lengths in front of me. So I was going to apply the brakes as it was choppy street surface and I was going down slight hill and catching up to car in front before it accelerated after bumps and hill away from me. This gives me a chance to see how some of this new to me stuff works. The Black Edition Ridgeline has some of these features.
Also FYI the TLX only has ambient blue lights on front inside door handles
nothing on rear doors. Also blue footwell lighting very nice. So same like blue ambient on RTL-E & Red on Black Edition. Not sure if any is a selectable type feature in the TLX menu settings. it's a bunch of stuff in the settings I did see something about lights

1 - 2 of 2 Posts