Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local dealer this afternoon and was told the Ridgeline won't be arriving until August.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I called my local dealer this afternoon and was told the Ridgeline won't be arriving until August.
I wonder what the difference is between "Coming Spring 2016" as is listed on their website and what the dealer is referring to. Perhaps when they will see their first one - or...........?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Dealers are usually the least-informed part of a car company.
I would take what they said with a grain of salt.

Chip H.

·
Registered
478 Posts
.....maybe not enough air bags...LOL

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Besides, no one is waiting for a 2016 Ridgeline anyway.....

I'm holding out for a 2017!!!!!!!

(;

·
Registered
326 Posts
Does anyone work at a dealership and can confirm if this is true? Maybe the dealer just said this to get them to buy a in stock vehicle.
Isn't the ride and drive for the Ridgeline the first of May? Usually they go on sale not long after that.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
My Dealer told me May to June two months ago. How many they have in the first batch to distribute to certain Dealers is another story. I've all but gave up on one for now goin to keep mine for the awhile or the long haul. They would have had a better chance on me buyin one if it would have come out a year ago. I waited this long and now I can wait more for those others that might be comin out. Im startin to look at full size regular cabs now. I cant remember the last time I hauled anyone around let alone drop the rear seat. They aint that much bigger, could be cheaper and get good mpgs. I guess Im opposite of the ones that dont use the box that much only in the seat area.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It will be on lots the end of May, if im wrong ban me from this website.

Reactions: Shineaholic

·
Registered
326 Posts
Plex,

Do you know how many Rl's each dealership will get in its first allocation? Back several years ago, my dealer never had more than two Rl's in stock at any given time. The Ridgeline was there smallest volume vehicle by far. They have 12-15 Civics, and usually 8-9 Pilots in stock.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Dealers are always the LAST people to know any new developments, especially the salespeople. I speak from much experience. Maybe the delay will give Honda enough time to redesign the front half of the RL.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
It will be on lots the end of May, if I'm wrong ban me from this website.
:act018:
Either you REALLY have some inside info, or you bought another truck and don't care about ridgeline owners any more.
:act024:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
A push to August would not surprise anyone, but my experience, similar to others here, is that the dealers are given very little info on new models prior to when they start shipping them. that includes specs, brochures, etc. All dealers get the press releases and memos from Honda; we usually hear about them before the dealer personnel do. In addition, most dealers could care less about an upcoming model that they can't sell right now. Their business is sell and service existing product. They spend precious little time worrying about the future product line. I'm sorry to say that the dealers I have worked with will either lie, make up information, or if it is not made up, their source is the same as ours...the internet, press, and blogs. I've only known two or three dealer people that were willing to tell me upfront that they don't have the information I'm seeking. typically it is said in such a way as to imply that in addition, they don't care to know.

On occasion, a more progressive dealer will work with a customer to find out info on the future product features and availability, but generally the internet has completely circumvented this...we can learn more about it right here on the ROC than the dealer knows or cares to know about it.

Joe typically updates us on things like embargo dates. In general, the info here will be as authoritative as any the dealer will have. I offer the airbag recall as a perfect example. I called my dealer shortly after the recall and VIN check was posted online on the Honda website; the dealer person assigned to handle recall scheduling had not even heard of it. But on the positive side, we love to get updates from members as to what their local dealers are telling them. Sometimes it is correct.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
It will be on lots the end of May, if im wrong ban me from this website.
End of May still sounds realistic to me, based on the confirmed dealer training scheduled for May in San Antonio.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The rep at the auto show said end of April/Early May to start seeing it appear on dealer lots. I know that doesn't mean anything, however, my friend in management at a local dealer here told me they didn't know about the new Pilot being delivered until a week before it showed up on the lots, so I really doubt there is any fact based behind the August delivery.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I got my 2006 in early 2005.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sounds like my local dealership will only be allotted 1 Ridgeline to start.. And they have like 50 CR-V's on the lot :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts