Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I've been thinking of one of the latest gen T-Birds as a summer cruiser.
I'd say wait for the new one, or go vintage. The last one was a bust in my estimation. Looked like it was going to be nice, but actual execution looked/felt more like a toy. Too much plastic, too many horrendous body panel gaps. Ironic, because I thought they really did a nice job capturing the T-bird spirit with the body design... very nice retro feel. But again execution: Blech... I honestly wanted to get one for the wife when I was getting the S2000, but one look close up turned me totally off.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it looks like a Taurus coupe riding on a Mustang platform with room under the hood for a V8 turbo torque monster. Now if it comes with an optional 6 speed manual transmission, then it may go places. It does make a pattern for some Nascar body shell.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'd say wait for the new one, or go vintage. The last one was a bust in my estimation. Looked like it was going to be nice, but actual execution looked/felt more like a toy. Too much plastic, too many horrendous body panel gaps. Ironic, because I thought they really did a nice job capturing the T-bird spirit with the body design... very nice retro feel. But again execution: Blech... I honestly wanted to get one for the wife when I was getting the S2000, but one look close up turned me totally off.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll most likely keep my S2K, even though (or maybe because) my wife can't drive it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts