Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Additional details are now available on NHTSA's website in the Part 573 Safety Recall Report.

• 7% (8,221) of 117,445 2017-2019 Ridgelines are estimated to have the defect.
  • Description of the Cause: The RVC wire harness was manufactured with a protective corrugated tubing and harness guide to help protect the wiring from stress when the tailgate was opened and closed; a zip tie was used to keep the corrugated tubing and guide in the proper position. With some RVC wire harnesses, the length of corrugated tubing inserted into the harness guide (i.e., the overlap between the corrugated tubing and the harness guide) was insufficient to provide optimal protection and the zip tie was insufficiently tightened to keep the tubing and guide in the proper position.
  • How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component: Recalled components may contain an insufficiently tightened zip tie and corrugated tubing that is not inserted sufficiently far into the harness guide.
My 2020 has the same issue. I can pinch wires with needle nose pliers and it works until I close tailgate once or twice. Someone was nice enough to advise me to File with NTSB, Call Honda Corporate and get Regional Rep info from dealer to contact.
When I went in and spoke with my dealer a few weeks ago said I must pay $170 per hour to diagnose and not covered under warranty. Unit will be 36 months olf 1/1/23 but I have 39,000 miles on it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Additional details are now available on NHTSA's website in the Part 573 Safety Recall Report.

• 7% (8,221) of 117,445 2017-2019 Ridgelines are estimated to have the defect.
  • Description of the Cause: The RVC wire harness was manufactured with a protective corrugated tubing and harness guide to help protect the wiring from stress when the tailgate was opened and closed; a zip tie was used to keep the corrugated tubing and guide in the proper position. With some RVC wire harnesses, the length of corrugated tubing inserted into the harness guide (i.e., the overlap between the corrugated tubing and the harness guide) was insufficient to provide optimal protection and the zip tie was insufficiently tightened to keep the tubing and guide in the proper position.
  • How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component: Recalled components may contain an insufficiently tightened zip tie and corrugated tubing that is not inserted sufficiently far into the harness guide.
I spoke with Honda main office today regarding my 2020 back -up camera and was told no recall on 2020 and later years. My wires are fully exposed without any tubing around it. I can jiggle wires and it works for a few days if I do not open tailgate or hit too many bumps. Does anyone know what it would cost me to have it fixed? I am wondering if I should attempt fixing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts