Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
1,172 Posts
As noted earlier in this thread (post #392), the rear camera harness failure is being investigated by the NHTSA on 2017 and 2018 MY RLs. Every back up camera failure needs to be reported to the NHTSA. Especially those who have 2019+ MYs with harness failures. The website link to report the defect is shown below.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Although there is 1 2020 failure reported in this thread, there are no complaints on the NHTSA website after the 2019 MY, so maybe they did fix it with the cable harness re-spin.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
I would also expect that owners who have paid to get the harness repaired will be reimbursed for the repair. Those details will be in the owner notification letter.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
That recall is not related to this upcoming recall for the tail gate harness. See below.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
My 2019 was built in August of 2019. My guess it won’t be recalled.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
I spoke with Honda main office today regarding my 2020 back -up camera and was told no recall on 2020 and later years. My wires are fully exposed without any tubing around it. I can jiggle wires and it works for a few days if I do not open tailgate or hit too many bumps. Does anyone know what it would cost me to have it fixed? I am wondering if I should attempt fixing it.
I would work with the dealer and try to get it fixed on goodwill. Since you are only 2K miles out of warranty, I think there is a good chance Honda will at least pickup a portion of the bill. As others have said, make sure to file a complaint on the NHTSA web site. So far no complaints for rear camera failure on 2020s have been reported on the NHTSA website.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Yep no recalls. The Honda recall paperwork indicated they were recalling 2019s produced thru June 2018 so it makes sense my Aug 2018 build isn’t included. Just wasn’t sure if this means my truck isn’t included in the initial inspection phase but eventually will get recalled later when parts become available.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
According to the recall paper work, Honda will re-notify owners when parts are available. The recall letter will have a change of address form. If the recall notice does not get forwarded to your new address, I’m sure you can also call Honda customer service to update your address. But you will probably know when parts are available from other owners on the forum.

Reactions: wjfyfe

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Has anyone experienced an issue with their trunk lock, no longer functioning with the key fob due to this? I can only unlock my trunk with the manual key in the fob now. 2017 BE
Not related. Check the switch in the glovebox.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts