Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
14 Posts
I just noticed my camera a few days ago on 2017 RTL-T. My screen is not black, but the views don't change. I haven't needed to change the camera view for so long. I noticed the backup camera has been submitted for review to NHTSA. Anyone else have this as part of their issue?

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
14 Posts
Took me 6 weeks to get an appointment at the dealer. When I told the service rep my issue (tailgate cut my rear camera harness) she looked at me like I was crazy, and said "I don't see how that's possible." They wanted $160 just to look at it. I told her I already repaired it myself, I just wanted to see how they were addressing it, since they couldn't tell me that when I called to make the appointment. Her response was "well, if you already fixed it yourself, what do you want us to do?"

I explained it was a temporary fix to a larger issue with these model years, and I'd wait for the recall--then I drove home.

They also wanted $160 to pull the codes for my on-again, off-again "Emissions System Problem" warning that I've been dealing with for two years (it's never on when I'm at the dealer, and the code is never saved in the system), but that's a post for another thread.
Just saw this while checking on camera thread. I had my own run around with mine, but that emissions systems issue is a known problem with the injectors. End result for me, new injectors and new bank 1 catalytic converter.

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
14 Posts
2017 RTL-T to the list as well. Is there a specific page on NHTSA for Ridgeline? I did a quick look and didn’t notice in the time I had, but left a report on their link to make one.

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
14 Posts
Finally!!! I wonder how long it it be for the part. I like my '17 RTL-T, but it has been a roller coaster of TSBs. I hope everyone has fixed all their issues before as well. Has everyone else received all these:

Hood latch, tonneau cover (the only one I didn't need), ignition switch replacement, fuel pump cover, transmission software update, I think I got some other electrical harness TSB done, and the pain 420 (I ended up with new injectors and catalytic converter for that one). Did I miss any?

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
14 Posts
Has anyone completed the service? Curious to hear about what dealers said about availability, timeframe, if they put everything back together well, what looks different. . .

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
14 Posts
Mine was just completed on the 8th after being at the dealer for about 10 days. They stated there was only about 2 in the country. Doesn’t look much different than the original but I did not look at it closely.
Wow! That’s a long time. I wonder if other dealers are now going to say there’s only one in the country remaining. Or which one of us in this thread got it? 😝

1 - 6 of 6 Posts