Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
501 - 504 of 504 Posts

·
Administrator
23,782 Posts
NHTSA opened an investigation into this for 2017-2018 Ridgelines in February 2022. Honda had until April 2022 to provide the requested data or file for an extension. It is now September 2022 and there have been no updates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would have just replaced the harness (and I look into seeing if the updated 2019 design would fit). It doesn't look very difficult and is less than $60 I believe (I'd have to look again).
My 2018 Ridgeline camera just went out and I can see the broken wire in the harness. I'd like to use the 2019 design and did you use that one and is it working OK? Thanks

·
Administrator
23,782 Posts
My 2018 Ridgeline camera just went out and I can see the broken wire in the harness. I'd like to use the 2019 design and did you use that one and is it working OK? Thanks
Since I posted that a few years ago, there have been reported of harness failure in 2019 and 2020 Ridgelines as well so any changes to the harness for 2019 don't appear to address this issue.

I never had a broken harness - I tend to trade every year.

·
Super Moderator
2,825 Posts
Cutting the wire ties inside by the tail light to lessen the restriction when it moves across a longer section of the wires allows it to move better. That's what I believe has saved mine. I keep checking it and it keeps not looking bad.

501 - 504 of 504 Posts