Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
521 - 540 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I am thinking that our extended warranty should take care of this IF it arises. But, if not, our Ridgeline has been trouble free all of this time where we sure cannot see any reason to allowing our blood pressure to get raised over such a minor issue such as this?
Bill

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well the recall is finally here. TSB A22-049.

Safety Recall: 2017-19 Ridgeline Rearview Camera Inoperative Inspection.

Note: The new replacement cable still uses the coiled loop placed in same spot. If they had placed that loop as shown in Post #69 of this thread, then we most likely wouldn't have this broken cable problem.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Talk about timely information…mine just failed for this issue a few days ago and have an appointment next week at the dealer. Guess I don’t need to worry about Hondacare covering the repair.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts

Note: The new replacement cable still uses the coiled loop placed in same spot. If they had placed that loop as shown in Post #69 of this thread, then we most likely wouldn't have this broken cable problem.
So, an owner must wait until the camera has actually failed before the harness will be replaced, is that how I read this? What has been done to make the replacement harness “better?”
Bill

·
Administrator
24,264 Posts
So, an owner must wait until the camera has actually failed before the harness will be replaced, is that how I read this?
At this time, yes, and even then there might be a waiting period to get a replacement harness.

NOTE: Only a replacement of the tailgate wiring harness will close the campaign, an inspection is to identify the system operation currently and to contact the customer once parts are available in ample supply.

NOTE:
• Tailgate harness supply availability will be very limited. Repair request is for a nonfunctioning camera only until parts inventory improves.
• If a harness replacement is required, please contact DPSM for approval.
• DPSM will require validation of non-functioning camera by visual inspection or photo.

As harness supply improves, all Ridgelines in this recall will get new harnesses even if they haven't experience a failure of the harness yet.

What has been done to make the replacement harness “better?”
See my post #514. The replacement harness and installation almost certainly addresses the three variables that caused the failure.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
1,028 Posts
I would also expect that owners who have paid to get the harness repaired will be reimbursed for the repair. Those details will be in the owner notification letter.

·
Super Moderator
2,950 Posts
Oh boy a free wiring harness. I always felt my fix by cutting the wire tire was going to last forever. Well, it'll last for a long time (already 5 years on it) till they finally make me come in for it.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Looks like major surgery. Better hope the surgeon doing the repair doesn't snap any clips and everything is aligned properly when re-aasembling.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
1,028 Posts
That recall is not related to this upcoming recall for the tail gate harness. See below.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
12 Posts
Finally!!! I wonder how long it it be for the part. I like my '17 RTL-T, but it has been a roller coaster of TSBs. I hope everyone has fixed all their issues before as well. Has everyone else received all these:

Hood latch, tonneau cover (the only one I didn't need), ignition switch replacement, fuel pump cover, transmission software update, I think I got some other electrical harness TSB done, and the pain 420 (I ended up with new injectors and catalytic converter for that one). Did I miss any?

·
Super Moderator
2,950 Posts
Sigh, file with the NTSB and also call Honda corporate. I think they'll fix it. Have the dealer escalate to the regional rep for Honda too. You are going to have to do some leg work on this to get it included.

521 - 540 of 544 Posts