Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody replace fog lamp bulbs with LED yet. I replaced the bulbs in the wife's 2016 Pilot elite in april and they were H8's. Got them of amazon and they watch the LED headlamps perfect. Is Ridgeline same bulb? Love the pilot, hopefully Ridgeline will live up to my 2006 that I had for 8 years. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Re: 201/7 Fog lamp bulb number?

Anybody replace fog lamp bulbs with LED yet. I replaced the bulbs in the wifes 2016 Pilot elite in april and they were H8's. Got them of amazon and they watch the LED headlamps perfect. Is Ridgeline same bulb? Love the pilot, hopefully Ridgeline will live up to my 2006 that i had for 8 years. Thanks!
The Ridgeline fog lights are H11. There are some good LED options for these to brighten them up

·
Registered
182 Posts

everything i'm reading, including the manual says the fogs are H8's. the halogen low beam headlight is H11. I dont have enough experience on fogs to know if the h8/h11 is interchangeable or what the true difference is.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Definitely H8 for the fog lamps. I went with a 3000K LED.

As for the hi-beam, that is a HB3 or 9005.

The H8 and H11 have slightly different mounting tabs.

nizz

·
Registered
182 Posts

i've been searching and researching for a few days now. I'm having difficulty finding an HB3 (9005) LED that will be a reduced brightness DRL by day and high output high-beam headlight by night. a matching H11 LED low beam would be nice. Kensun looks decent but according to amazon it doesn't fit the ridgeline or the 2016 pilot which i think is incorrect. An H8 isn't too hard to find but looks like you could file down the tab on an H11 and make it fit. trying to find all these bulbs in LED and matching color (5000k) has been a challenge. I want top of the line products, don't want to spend $50 of a pair of junk bulbs only to have a failure in a few weeks. Trying to find a switchback dual amber for the front turn signal is a pain also. the running lights are around 8 watts and the turn signal is around 20w. i'm finding lots of amber/white switchbacks but not amber/amber. I may say screw it with the LED's and just leave it stock. lol. I wish the RTL-E/ Black Edition headlights were plug and play, i'd buy a pair in a heartbeat :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

nizz
Sorry, I was just going off of Superbrightleds website. Didn't dig any deeper

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts

your search was for a 2011 ridgeline fog light bulb (H11) , this is the 2nd gen thread :)

Reactions: djmoose

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

your search was for a 2011 ridgeline fog light bulb (H11) , this is the 2nd gen thread :)
The OP has a 2006 still listed in their profile, and the Superbrightleds website had the same bulb listed for all Gen 1

·
Registered
44 Posts

nizz
Nizz,
to replace the fog light bulbs, do you just have to removed the tray that runs under the front bumper cover (that looks like it is held on with 100 frickin fasteners..... :frown:)? Or do you have to remove the whole dang bumper cover?
I got some LED bulbs for my Fog lights (so they will better match my LED headlights) and went to "pop" them in last night.
One looks under the truck told me that it won't be just a 5 minute job....

Thanks,
Scott P.

·
Registered
44 Posts

nizz
Nizz,
to replace the fog light bulbs, do you just have to removed the tray that runs under the front bumper cover (that looks like it is held on with 100 frickin fasteners..... :frown:)? Or do you have to remove the whole dang bumper cover?
I got some LED bulbs for my Fog lights (so they will better match my LED headlights) and went to "pop" them in last night.
One look under the truck told me that it won't be just a 5 minute job....

Thanks,
Scott P.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Sorry for the double post.
I went to edit and it would not let me edit.
Then it double posted.
Sometimes I suck at the Internet......

Scott P.

·
Registered
220 Posts

Anyone replace their fog lights with LED yet? Are the LED fog lights usuable lights or just match the headlight color? I want usable fog lights and not just lights that match the headlight color.

Has anyone switched their high beam halogen bulbs out yet? I also plan on replacing them as well as the turn signal and brake lights with LED at some point.

·
Registered
45 Posts

You only need to remove the silver 10mm bolt and one trim fastener. After that, you can fold the plastic in and squeeze your hand through. It helps if you have small hands/wrists (unfortunately this does not apply to me). The first time I did it, I put the truck on some ramps. This gave me more room to maneuver and see what's going on. Subsequent times, I was able to feel my way around without the added clearance.

Once you reach in, it is pretty clear where everything is. For the fog lamp, just press the tab towards the rear of the car to remove the harness. This slides downwards. Rotate the bulb out and fish it out.

I went with a 3000K LED fog lamp bulb. Haven't driven around at night yet so cannot comment on effectiveness. I'll try to snap a pic later. I've tried out an LED front signal lamp bulb but it doesn't compare to the brightness of the halogen so I returned the LED.

I also swapped out the front halogen hi-beam to a halogen bulb a little whiter than the stock. It's still very yellow in comparison to the bluish LED low beams.

nizz

·
Registered
44 Posts

You only need to remove the silver 10mm bolt and one trim fastener. After that, you can fold the plastic in and squeeze your hand through. It helps if you have small hands/wrists (unfortunately this does not apply to me). The first time I did it, I put the truck on some ramps. This gave me more room to maneuver and see what's going on. Subsequent times, I was able to feel my way around without the added clearance.

Once you reach in, it is pretty clear where everything is. For the fog lamp, just press the tab towards the rear of the car to remove the harness. This slides downwards. Rotate the bulb out and fish it out.

I went with a 3000K LED fog lamp bulb. Haven't driven around at night yet so cannot comment on effectiveness. I'll try to snap a pic later. I've tried out an LED front signal lamp bulb but it doesn't compare to the brightness of the halogen so I returned the LED.

I also swapped out the front halogen hi-beam to a halogen bulb a little whiter than the stock. It's still very yellow in comparison to the bluish LED low beams.

nizz
Thanks, Nizz!
I did find the bulb replacement instructions on the very back of the Honda Accessory Fog Light installation instructions.
Sounds pretty easy.

Some pics of your hi-beam bulb would be great.

Scott P.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Here are a couple of night pics with the fog lamps and with the high beam. Notice the high beam is still a bit yellow. The high beam bulbs are the Philips CrystalVision Ultra 9005. The reason I stuck with a halogen bulb is because I wanted to maintain a proper light pattern with the lens.

The fog lamp bulbs were replaced by a 3000K LED H8. These were purely for aesthetics.

nizz

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts

Here are a couple of night pics with the fog lamps and with the high beam. Notice the high beam is still a bit yellow. The high beam bulbs are the Philips CrystalVision Ultra 9005. The reason I stuck with a halogen bulb is because I wanted to maintain a proper light pattern with the lens.

The fog lamp bulbs were replaced by a 3000K LED H8. These were purely for aesthetics.

nizz

Pictures look good. Are you happy with the color and output of your Phillips 9005 high beams? I am close to pulling the trigger on them for my BE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts

nizz

Very nice. Where did you buy the 3000k LED H8?

·
Registered
45 Posts

I haven't driven at night yet. Just saw them in my driveway and they are slightly less yellow than stock. I'm not the type to switch on the high beams even though the roads around me have no street lamps so I'm still getting used to the auto high beam.

The 3000K LED I bought on eBay. This is the link to the one I bought though I would not recommend them since the one of the pair from my first shipment was defective and I waited a week or so for a replacement.

nizz

1 - 20 of 26 Posts