Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Bed liner vs. bare metal... what a comparison.
Not really...because the RL doesn't have a bedliner. The bed IS the bedliner. Composite beds will always win...The Taco would probably do as well as the RL in these tests.

I've wondered on these tests of the Chevy and Ford what the difference WOULD have been with a plastic bedliner in either.

I have a RUGGED liner bedliner in my RAM and it is pretty soft plastic but it does provide some protection...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not really...because the RL doesn't have a bedliner. The bed IS the bedliner. Composite beds will always win...The Taco would probably do as well as the RL in these tests.

I've wondered on these tests of the Chevy and Ford what the difference WOULD have been with a plastic bedliner in either.

I have a RUGGED liner bedliner in my RAM and it is pretty soft plastic but it does provide some protection...
Ok... composite bed vs. bare metal. Fixed.

The outcome is not a surprise..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok... composite bed vs. bare metal. Fixed.

The outcome is not a surprise..
It's not fixed at all. It is more of a comparison of a composite bed vs. a metal bed. Clearly, composite beds are superior. Would you have preferred that the chevy and ford put an aftermarket bedliner in their bed prior to conducting the test? Would that have made the comparison "not fixed"?

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's not fixed at all. It is more of a comparison of a composite bed vs. a metal bed. Clearly, composite beds are superior. Would you have preferred that the chevy and ford put an aftermarket bedliner in their bed prior to conducting the test? Would that have made the comparison "not fixed"?
Fixed, as in my statement. I'm not sure what you want me to say. You just agreed that the composite bed is superior therefore the outcome isn't surprising. I would prefer nothing. It's a pointless comparison.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Fixed, as in my statement. I'm not sure what you want me to say. You just agreed that the composite bed is superior therefore the outcome isn't surprising. I would prefer nothing. It's a pointless comparison.
JB, you're missing the point.

The RL doesn't have a liner.

The bed is MADE of SMC.

You could put a liner in all 3 trucks, and the RL would still win because it wouldn't scratch, fade, rust or wear!

·
Registered
235 Posts
JB, you're missing the point.

The RL doesn't have a liner.

The bed is MADE of SMC.

You could put a liner in all 3 trucks, and the RL would still win because it wouldn't scratch, fade, rust or wear!
Edit: Waste of time

Note: Not bashing OP at all for posting. Just critiquing the "test."

·
Registered
46 Posts
Test needs to be done with same toolbox, by same drop height*, same direction / impact point.

If you minimize variables, this has a chance of being representative; otherwise it's a carnival side show.

As-is, any of the trucks might be having the toolbox dropped at a slightly different angle, onto an area of bed supported underneath by frame (vs. unsupported area), etc.

*One could argue that each bed rail/side vs. bed floor is different & it makes more sense to drop the toolbox from the height of the bed rail (than to drop it from the same 24" height for all trucks for example) - fair point & likely the more real-life use-case is to go from the rail vs. a standardized drop height.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts