Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E. I really wanted a custom bed mat to protect my investment while allowing access to the trunk area.

I was able to get a local business to custom-make a template of my truck bed and subsequently a great professional bed liner. I watched the entire process and they were meticulous.

They have the template and can make more for those interested

Attached are pictures.

Here is their contact number
B & B Custom Craftsmen
516-880-5343

Best wishes to all.
Dave

2017 Ridgeline Bed Mat (4).jpg

2017 Ridgeline Bed Mat (3).jpg

2017 Ridgeline Bed Mat (2).jpg

2017 Ridgeline Bed Mat (1).jpg

B & B Custom Craftsmen
516-880-5343

·
Registered
97 Posts
I recently bought a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E. I really wanted a custom bed mat to protect my investment while allowing access to the trunk area.

I was able to get a local business to custom-make a template of my truck bed and subsequently a great professional bed liner. I watched the entire process and they were meticulous.

They have the template and can make more for those interested

Attached are pictures.

B & B Custom Craftsmen
516-880-5343

Best wishes to all.
Dave

View attachment 248466

View attachment 248474

View attachment 248482

View attachment 248490

B & B Custom Craftsmen
516-880-5343
Looks good. Looks like diamond plate, what material did you use?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 2017 Ridgeline Bed Mat Answers.

The bed mat is a diamond-plate flexible matting. It's rubberish but it feels very durable and long lasting.

The bed mat is "sandwiched" between the front floor tie down anchors and the bed itself to lock it in place. Along the edge near the tail-gate, there are three pieces of velcro that hold the mat in place when the trunk is opened. So yes, the trunk opens as normal. Spacing along the perimeter allows water to drain as well.

In the end, no modification to the vehicle and nice protection for the bed.

BTW, I am on Long Island, NY as is the company that did the work in case it matters.

Dave

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The trunk still opens? What is the material please?
exactly my thought when I first saw the pictures !

Looks like the OP forgot that important perks and forfeit the feature for the heavy duty bed liner ! :surprise: ( I could be wrong :p)

BTW.. the new RidgeLine bed is "almost" scratch proof anyway ....minor scratches but the material is dye through so it's barely noticeable.

@zorkuser
What is the price ? and what's with that wood frame ?

·
Registered
323 Posts
exactly my thought when I first saw the pictures !

Looks like the OP forgot that important perks and forfeit the feature for the heavy duty bed liner ! :surprise: ( I could be wrong :p)

BTW.. the new RidgeLine bed is "almost" scratch proof anyway ....minor scratches but the material is dye through so it's barely noticeable.

@zorkuser
What is the price ? and what's with that wood frame ?
Pretty sure the wood frame was used as a template for the liner.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
Zorkuser: do you know the thickness of the material used? And were you given your choice of materials; were there others you might have picked?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Zork,

Thank you for sharing. I really like this idea. Especially since the bed floor is a pain in the knees.

For me, I see an added benefit of the trunk channels staying clean and avoiding the build up of tree needles.

I think I will contact them to see what the price is and if there are any color options,

-Terracar

·
Registered
313 Posts
Couldn't really find anything available yet plus I'm frugal and didn't want to spend a couple hundred dollars which is what I figured the custom made one cost with shipping. I found this one at Amazon and it was only $79 with free shipping (about $30 cheaper than most sites).

It's not quite as fancy as the one posted by zorkuser but it serves it's purpose. I started out using shears to cut it but that was too hard so I switched to a razor knife. I ordered the 5' X 7' and the bonus was that I had enough material left over for a tailgate mat which would normally be another $40 or so. The two front tie down hooks are removed and then reinstalled, trapping the mat so there is no way it can blow out or be easily stolen. It's fairly thin, about 5/16" to 3/8" but that works in its favor. It's light enough that the trunk still opens fine (wont stay propped up by itself, you'd have to use something. I'll probably get a wooden dowel from HD. Make sure it's item # 50-6335 if you want the 5 X 7 size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F6XA4AC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Frugal and Black Edition/RTL-E go together?

Does sound kind of dumb doesn't it but I'll spend money when I think it warrants (I replaced the handle on my Dewalt Sawzall for $15 when it broke). But I'm also the guy that spent $80 every 5000 miles putting full synthetic in my Sport Trac for 9 years at the dealership (included about 15 checks including measuring brake pads and rotating tires). Not sure what the dealer will charge here in Vegas but I will be insisting on full synthetic and oil filter at every change (I only average 8000-9000 miles a year).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice mat for those who need that type of protection in their bed. My 2008 has not one scratch in the bed of my 50,000 mile RTL, I just carry a moving blanket in the trunk and I just spread it out when needed. I have purchased the Tractor Supply Horse Stall Mat that they sell and used it as a bed mat on other vehicles I have owned, around $30.00, it's thick, heavy, and easy to cut with a box knife it fit. http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft?cm_vc=-10005

trainman

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the "rubber diamond plate stuff" on my garage floor. It is a great coverup for old/dirty looking concrete and works fine on the floor, I'm hesitant to put it in the bed of a truck. When wet it can be very slippery. I believe if you placed boxes in the bed that weren't secure they would surely slide around quite a bit also. I'm currently waiting for my new BE to arrive and I will either buy the BedRug or install an indoor/outdoor carpet. That should lessen the chance of boxes sliding around a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bedrug told me they should have a product for the G2 in a couple weeks. Just the mat, not the full liner. Had them before and they work well and stay put. Will be cut for the trunk opening. My reason for wanting it is to stop stuff from sliding around and to save my old knees.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
So this thread got me thinking. Since the bed is already protected what's the point? Anyway, I had some 25 x 25 interlocking squares lying around. I had 4 of them so I drilled a hold through two of them and tied them to the front tie down with some black electrical wire. I went to the store and purchased another 4 pack of which I only needed 2. On the way to the store, that mat blew all over the place, glad that it was tied down in the front. Anyway, it ended up pretty decent and didn't uplift anymore with the final 2 squares added. Total cost $16.00. The good thing it is a spongy material that looks like diamond plate and the trunk opens no problem. We'll see how long it lasts. Hopefully something reasonably priced on the market will hit soon.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Bedrug told me they should have a product for the G2 in a couple weeks. Just the mat, not the full liner. Had them before and they work well and stay put. Will be cut for the trunk opening. My reason for wanting it is to stop stuff from sliding around and to save my old knees.
What approximately did these bedrugs cost? And if you put something on one (e.g., 2x4s) with the tailgate open would it slip out?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Couldn't really find anything available yet plus I'm frugal and didn't want to spend a couple hundred dollars which is what I figured the custom made one cost with shipping. I found this one at Amazon and it was only $79 with free shipping (about $30 cheaper than most sites).

It's not quite as fancy as the one posted by zorkuser but it serves it's purpose. I started out using shears to cut it but that was too hard so I switched to a razor knife. I ordered the 5' X 7' and the bonus was that I had enough material left over for a tailgate mat which would normally be another $40 or so. The two front tie down hooks are removed and then reinstalled, trapping the mat so there is no way it can blow out or be easily stolen. It's fairly thin, about 5/16" to 3/8" but that works in its favor. It's light enough that the trunk still opens fine (wont stay propped up by itself, you'd have to use something. I'll probably get a wooden dowel from HD. Make sure it's item # 50-6335 if you want the 5 X 7 size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F6XA4AC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
question on the design pattern...

Your pic showed straight rib lines and diamond plate on the sides...

pic from amazon leads me to assumed that you can choose either of the designs ??
it showed either full rib lines or the diamond plate design...not mix/match like how your pic showed.

Just wondering....

and good advice on the model number..as the website description listed the dimensions as 60 x 8 x 8 inches. :surprise::surprise: ( 60" length x 8" wide x 8" thick ??...typo ?? )

1 - 20 of 31 Posts