Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I just joined your fine community. I have owned several pickups in the past and ready to get back into another one...particularly the RAM 1500. I have always disliked the Gen1 Ridge, but fell in LOVE with the Gen2 during it's Detroit premier. But I think the USA is getting screwed as far as features go. The Canadian/Toronto pics and YouTube vids shows turn signal mirror markers and rear climate controls. All US pics and vids show plain mirrors with the indents where turn signal markers would be and just cubbies where the climate controls would be. The CR-V, Odyssey and Civic all have turn signal mirrors. It makes no sense and the lack of those two features may change my mind buying the $40,000 mid-size truck. Your thoughts??? Maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For some reason Canada always gets the best features in Hondas, and Acuras. Same story with the Acura MDX, the Canada model has many more goodies.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I had asked a few times about Climate Control System Joe did not know at time Detroit had was not in his thoughts. But at time of show introduction on video screen scrolling features it says Tri-Zone Climate Control. The other press stuff says available Tri-Zone Climate in higher end models so we don't have the line-up of all the models yet. Close up photos have the rear climate control buttons on panel in front and seen rear control panel on others.
But the turn signals on mirrors also a head scratcher. Are what we seeing on display full complete Ridgeline.
From the brochure I have for 2016 Pilot the Base LX model does not have Tri-zone automatic climate control system. The EX model and above adds that feature. The same with the turn signal mirrors seems like lower trim models do not get them Touring & Elite have this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if you look at the promo pics on the Honda website which show a near top of the line RLT-E, the turn signals are missing....even the top of the line Black Edition is missing both. Finally improve the Ridge and screw US customers. I hope that's not the case.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Canadian Ridgelines will also get POI markers in the nav system for Tim Horton locations.
:)

I want some of the features the European Pilots get - headlight washers and rear fog lights.

Chip H.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hello All! I just joined your fine community. I have owned several pickups in the past and ready to get back into another one...particularly the RAM 1500. I have always disliked the Gen1 Ridge, but fell in LOVE with the Gen2 during it's Detroit premier. But I think the USA is getting screwed as far as features go. The Canadian/Toronto pics and YouTube vids shows turn signal mirror markers and rear climate controls. All US pics and vids show plain mirrors with the indents where turn signal markers would be and just cubbies where the climate controls would be. The CR-V, Odyssey and Civic all have turn signal mirrors. It makes no sense and the lack of those two features may change my mind buying the $40,000 mid-size truck. Your thoughts??? Maybe I'm missing something.

That's a first usually we get the short end of the stick. It's nice for a change. However it may just be the way they group the options. Canada uses different set of standards with the model badges. Also our price is quite a bit more for the same truck. I went on record saying it probabbly will start off at about 34-35k Cdn and round off to a cool 52-54k loaded up.. Maybe even more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Regarding Gen2 differences between US and Canadian models, here's a link to a short video from the Toronto Auto Show. It shows a Black Edition with one of my favorite features...a heated steering wheel. OK, I'm from Michigan. It's not all that cold here but as someone who always has cold hands, I LOVE heated steering wheels. Does anyone care to offer an opinion on whether this feature will be limited to Canadian versions only? Black Edition only?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Regarding Gen2 differences between US and Canadian models, here's a link to a short video from the Toronto Auto Show. It shows a Black Edition with one of my favorite features...a heated steering wheel. OK, I'm from Michigan. It's not all that cold here but as someone who always has cold hands, I LOVE heated steering wheels. Does anyone care to offer an opinion on whether this feature will be limited to Canadian versions only? Black Edition only?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4POVK4JrDK4
I posted last week about the option forget where but it seems to be an accessory that you can get on mid and upper trim models. I am going by 2016 Pilot. The brochure shows it standard on the ELITE model. But it is $351.00 accessory that can be added on other trims but not all. Check accessory for 2016 Pilot at some of the places like the Honda parts places they tell what models it can be added on.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Okay Bernardi Honda parts/accessory website says for 2016 Pilot and hope Ridgeline is like in this case. Heated Steering Wheel fits all models of Pilot except LX. $351.00 Accessory Price

·
Registered
80 Posts
Okay Bernardi Honda parts/accessory website says for 2016 Pilot and hope Ridgeline is like in this case. Heated Steering Wheel fits all models of Pilot except LX. $351.00 Accessory Price
Thanks FTM1! I'm feeling warmer already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts