Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I like the new Ridgeline, a lot. I like the inside especially, though the seats look like the old ones, including the back, like the old truck is surrounded by the body of a new one. I am not ready yet for a new truck, just went over 51,000 after 10 ½ years. I am going back to school next fall and cutting back my yard service to the minimum, then thinking of becoming an elementary school teacher after that. Sometime in 2018 to 2020 I was originally planning on getting a new truck.

·
Registered
981 Posts
What is there about this truck to suggest it was designed in the United States? It is the most feminine truck I have ever seen. Maybe I have to see it in person, but at first glance I don't like it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like the truck a lot, but the one thing I hate is the silver trim at the bottom around the fog & running lights. I wish Honda had made it either black or body color. Even chrome would have been better.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like it!! If it's got beefier specs and higher mpg it will be a hit. Hopefully it will also be competitive with it's counterparts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for posting all these high res pics.. It looks great and isn't trying to look "macho" like the new Tacoma. The cabin looks fantastic too with a spacious back seat without a big drive shaft tunnel in the middle of the floor.

I don't see Honda trying to compete head on with other mid size trucks, but offering mid size truck buyers an alternative to the traditional body on frame, solid rear axle, and leaf spring suspension. A "lifestyle" truck as opposed to a "work" truck. Chevy has been marketing the Colorado with bicycles and kayaks and other outdoorsy lifestyle images.. After all, how many mid size truck buyers buy a truck for doing serious off roading or put it to work at a construction site?

Honda's carving out a niche in the midsize segment with this SUT.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm not a fan. It's ok and probably drives great but the looks are pretty blah.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm not a fan. It's ok and probably drives great but the looks are pretty blah.
I see aspects I would like changed, but I can work with this.
I think lifting the truck a couple inches in the front and a bull bar in front
I will be happy.
My other option is the Tacoma and this Honda will have a more comfortable ride.
If they keep the price point for the top model just under or at $40K I will purchase one.
I expect $38-39K for leather and All Wheel Drive.
Black Edition $42K

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm kind of on the fence. I like that our trucks look like trucks. Have to see one in person.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
The front has potential for easy mods. Honda may offer a grille accessory to replace the funky gray ribs below the Baja chrome dual bars with something less "dressy" and more sporty. I usually add a contoured smoke-colored bug deflector to my vehicle hoods to help protect them from rock chips, and that may also "widen" the RL's face and strengthen the look a bit. A brush guard is another possible option to toughen it up. I think we're gonna see people try different things to change the look of this truck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
based on what I see I will need to add the following to this truck:
1. All weather mats (looks like the interior pics have carpet)
2. bull bar or brush guard on front
3. lift kit (would like it lifted an inch or 2 and level front with the back.
4. side step bar (for the kids) or rock slider to be used as a side step. (I'm sure this is an option)

I will be willing to buy on the day they come out.
But I wonder how long it will take to get my add ons available.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I see aspects I would like changed, but I can work with this.
I think lifting the truck a couple inches in the front and a bull bar in front
I will be happy.
My other option is the Tacoma and this Honda will have a more comfortable ride.
If they keep the price point for the top model just under or at $40K I will purchase one.
I expect $38-39K for leather and All Wheel Drive.
Black Edition $42K
I think you may have to go up more actually. Options additional. Black out close to 45-46K. Where I live this truck will be way north of 48-50. Probably like 55-56K. The dollar is not really the problem, import freight, duty fees, tax options, and accessories. They automatically go about 2k more anyways without lifting a finger because thats the way they want it.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I'm not sure why this bugs me...but why oh why do they ALWAYS show trunk open with the tailgate in the down position?!?! I don't think I have EVER opened the trunk with the tailgate in the down position. First of all, it's more difficult to get to the handle to open the trunk and, if the tailgate is in the down position, how in the heck are you going to reach anything in the bottom of the trunk?!?!

Honda marketing folks....Show the freaking trunk open with the tailgate in the swung out position, will you...sheese....!!!

·
Registered
971 Posts
The front has potential for easy mods. Honda may offer a grille accessory to replace the funky gray ribs below the Baja chrome dual bars with something less "dressy" and more sporty. I usually add a contoured smoke-colored bug deflector to my vehicle hoods to help protect them from rock chips, and that may also "widen" the RL's face and strengthen the look a bit. A brush guard is another possible option to toughen it up. I think we're gonna see people try different things to change the look of this truck.
The problem is you pay all this money to have this mall crawler then you have to go out and spend a whole whack of more money to make it tough looking.

Why not just make it tough to begin with. Its just not the way they roll. I don't think Honda wants to really compete with the pesky very hard minded truck buyer.

The people who are likely going to buy this thing are types who are not interested in that game of lifts tires etc. Very few we would be minority to them. Could you imagine a new buyer right off the lot buys one of thes things for 50k out the door then throws a lift kit and tires for 4K more? I could just see the eyes of their service manager as they bring into the dealer for a service. Let alone the warranty one would be passing up on. I know, Toyota Tacoma has both they have the niche on the rock crawler style that can back it up with results or just a tough look, but it can still be an everyday truck/light utility vehicle for mall hunters. I get it I want that to, just not what Honda wants to do. HUGE money in development and they don't want to go there at all!

The more I look at it the more Im done with it I'm afraid. Some areas are big improvement but so many angles and the front and then the dull interior no console probably below average towing in its segment. Just way too much Pilot/car then a truck this version. We all knew this was likely going to be the result just doesn't mean we have to like it and buy one. Maybe someday, but not right now, not for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks like a girls truck. Tacoma blows it away in looks. Ram gets same gas mileage with a hemi 8 speed. I'm gonna go,buy a Ram. I'm so disappointed that I waited. Put a cap,on it and it's a Honda Pilot ext. The worst part is the nose, grille area. I can live with the regular pickup look. I can't live with the suv look with a bed .

1 - 20 of 72 Posts