Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at replacement rims for my 2017 Ridgeline. The stock wheel specs are: 18x8 5x120 +55.

In looking at replacement wheels, I'd like to keep the same dimensions for safety and not incurring any suspension issues.

I always loved the Acura TL rims and found that they are the exact same specs. I think they would look awesome. Is there anything I'm missing? I know the stock Ridgeline rims have wider spokes as compared to the TL rims. Does that imply that the Ridgeline rims can take more stress than the TLs?

Any advice or info would be appreciate.

Here is a pic of the TL rims I'm referring to:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The center bore hole may be different

Just googled wheel specs. The TL wheels from 2009-on in that generation have a 62.1 mm bore hole. The generation 1 RL's have a larger bore, like 74-ish mm. I could't find the bore diameter for the Gen 2 RL, but it's probably the same as a Gen 1, and surely not smaller than that. So, no, those nice looking TL wheels are VERY unlikely to fit a new RL.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The five-spoke stock wheels on 2015 Pilots and 2014 RL SEs look similar to that Acura wheel and will fit on the new RL...but they are 18X7.5 and have less offset (+45 mm). We don't yet have enough track record to know for sure if there are any issues with those differences, but many folks seem to think it's not significant.

Edit: My mistake -- those stock '15 Pilot and '14 RL wheels are six spoke.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
If going to a different wheel, of any kind, you want to get a lighter wheel than stock, if possible, so you get something more than cosmetics out of it. You can get 5 wheels (so you have a full size spare, at either home or in the bed) from DT from a number of mfr's for an excellent price. I was seeing options for less than $200 a wheel. I've got a set of Enkei's 18's picked out (stock, or OEM size) that are $175 a wheel. 24 lbs each wheel, which has to be slightly lighter than stock.

·
Registered
682 Posts
actually i'd say your most important stat is the wheel's weight carrying rating. i'd say the tl wheels are not rated to carry the same loads as the ridgeline wheels are

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The center bore hole may be different

Just googled wheel specs. The TL wheels from 2009-on in that generation have a 62.1 mm bore hole. The generation 1 RL's have a larger bore, like 74-ish mm. I could't find the bore diameter for the Gen 2 RL, but it's probably the same as a Gen 1, and surely not smaller than that. So, no, those nice looking TL wheels are VERY unlikely to fit a new RL.
I do believe the GEN2 hub bore are 64.1 mm
same as the Pilot :wink:
http://www.wheel-size.com/size/honda/pilot/2017/

~~~
The same site also reported 64.1 mm for the GEN1 ? ( that could be incorrect)
http://www.wheel-size.com/size/honda/ridgeline/

·
Registered
27 Posts
I do believe the GEN2 hub bore are 64.1 mm
same as the Pilot :wink:
Honda Pilot 2017 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

~~~
The same site also reported 64.1 mm for the GEN1 ? ( that could be incorrect)
Honda Ridgeline - Specs of wheel sizes, tires, PCD, Offset and Rims - Wheel-Size.com
You're right! I looked around the linked website and it shows 64.1mm bore sizes for TL, Accord, Pilot (both gens) and 1st gen Ridgeline. I'll try to find the bore size for the gen2 RL, but if the linked site is correct, it's likely to be 64.1mm as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts