Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FREE SofTopper for 2017 Ridgeline (anyone live in the Denver Area?)

I just got an email from Bob at www.SofTopper.com 1-800-810-7227 1-303-304-0533
4750 Nautilus Court South, Unit B
Boulder CO 80301​

They are looking for anyone that might be willing to let them look at their 2017 Ridgeline.

Again I've had a ton of vehicles, our RL is our 7th truck (’92 F-150, ’97 Dodge Cummins, 2000 Tundra Double Cab, ’05 Tundra CrewMax, ’13 Tacoma TRD Sport LB).

So, I've had everything from soft and hard tonneau covers to hard shell Leer and SnugTops (spray in liners, plastic liners, and BedRugs)…and we’ve loved our SofTopper the best by a long shot…just so practical and easy to use to keep things dry when needed. But still let the truck be an open truck, or even if the SofTopper is on...it can tuck away completely in seconds when you cannot help yourself at Costco ;-) ...when you buy something that would not go under a tonneau or in a hard shell canopy.
:wink:

With our other "shells" we always thought, "Oh this one is lite enough that we'll take it off when we aren't using it". Yea right, we took one off once and never took off the others because they were still a pain. And unless a person has some easy hoist system in their garage to back under...then a nice shell is getting all dirty on the ground with rain splatter. So, for us, the SofTopper has simply been the BEST period…BUT a person cannot "lock" it (so for those folks that need higher security, it's probably not for you).

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just heard from Bob again...FREE SofTopper for someone in the Denver / Boulder area. Quoted below.

"Hi Tony

Ok...see if you can find someone in the Denver/Boulder area who could be without their truck for part of the week.

There will be a top in it for them.

Bob"​

Somebody is going to be a WINNER! These tops are GREAT...if you read above!

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The SofTopper we had on our 2013 Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed...did NOT make any extra noises (except for once, explained below).

When I'd first put it on...I'd used the included velcro across the top of the front of the bed...without using the also included three (3) buttons for the very front of the bed. And the velcro had let loose and flapped around at 70 mph. BUT once I installed the buttons it never flapped again, even in bad cross winds.

Also, I did not install the velcro on the back tailgate (I didn't want velcro back there for the looks or to pick up lint etc). Plus, I figured that it was resting again the plastic of the rear tailgate with no chance of slapping the paint. So if a person was going along at 70 mph I could see that it kind of vented out the back, but there was NEVER any flapping in the back...and we'd been in some very serious winds and side cross winds, too. Just a very well built top.

It was also always waterproof, never a drop in back. BUT now...in the Ridgelines...I was wondering how they would keep it dry inside when there is no separate "truck bed" in the front where an "over hang flap" was located on our '13 Taco. So that would be interesting to know from older RL owners that had the older version of SofTopper for theirs.

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im in the Denver area. Looks like they are in Boulder. That might be a tough for me.
I'd call Bob...see what he could arrange...it would be worth it for a FREE SofTopper! :wink:

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just email Bob, too...I'd love it if the rails came in Black, too. Seems that lots of trucks have Black plastic rail caps or black bed rails.

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just letting any readers know...Bob at SofTopper has a Gen 2 RL now and it making the SofTopper. So, I will post again when he says they are available...I'd ask if he'd be so kind to send photos when he is done...so we will see. :)

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.