Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is why I can’t have nice things,

Was on 287 when traffic stopped and as soon as we stopped I figured odds were high to be rear ended.

All are ok in both cars, best part was when the other driver got out of her car and asked what happened!!

Waiting on NJSP accident report and will be taking car in for estimate hitch and trunk are both damaged.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I live in NJ and despise 287 and GSP stopped traffic like a plague. Dont even get me started on US-1. I skip it and take TPKE so I can keep away from a$$holes. 287 is no joke and people usually carry 70 to 80mph though it is only 55mph.

I can see $$$$ going up as your in-bed trunk needs to be fully changed and god knows how the frame is. I am sure the adjusters will say the exhaust needs to be replaced as the tip is bent.

So a G2 MDX upon hitting a G2 Ridgeline became a G3 MDX? Just kidding. That MDX looks like it may also be in the $8K range to get fixed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First estimate 12K and could be more as its not including frame damage and its showing signs of having some, and not including the passengers seat.

Still waiting on the police report

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
First estimate 12K and could be more as its not including frame damage and its showing signs of having some, and not including the passengers seat.

Still waiting on the police report
What jurisdiction are you waiting the report from? North or South of Bridgewater area?

Once they dismantle the bumper, they will see what the damage is. What is the value of your G2 prior to the accident?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mile marker 26 southbound

Truck is 2017 Ridgeline RTL with 20k miles KBB estimated private party is 28k in excellent shape.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Man that initial estimate is almost 50% of the value. I don't veture that far up normally, I go around exit 22 and I dread the 9 through 12.
Best wishes bud. Hope your health is fine and you are checked out.

Second white G2 getting hit in the last few months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NJM cost to repair 12700.00

There quoting NADA for replacement cost @ 28k with 20k miles. Seems like the replacement cost is quite high?

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
NJM cost to repair 12700.00

There quoting NADA for replacement cost @ 28k with 20k miles. Seems like the replacement cost is quite high?
in NJ, there is no set threshold for declaring a total. Instead, NJ uses a TLF (Total Loss Formula); Cost of Repair + salvage value > actual cash value. If the cost of repair and the salvage value is MORE than the actual cash value of the car, then the carrier can be declared as a total loss. Again, it is a call of the policy carrier.

Reading materials
#1 - https://www.carinsurance.com/Articles/total-loss-thresholds.aspx
#2 - https://www.mwl-law.com/vehicle-considered-totaled/ (better explanation)

Please pardon if I missed it or should know …. What's "NJM"? :unsure:
New Jersey Manufacturers. It is a insurance carrier, similar to Geico, Prudential, Liberty Mutual, etc etc.

·
Registered
630 Posts
New Jersey Manufacturers. It is a insurance carrier, similar to Geico, Prudential, Liberty Mutual, etc etc.
Thanks! Now I see why not 'known' to we Texans (only for NJ/PA residents per the website) (y)

Wishing the OP the best outcome possible :)

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
If the G2 had over $12.5K in damages, I can only imagine the cost on the MDX. Depending on the mileage, the condition, the actual year ('07-'13) and the cost to repair it. Who knows if that gets totaled. 🔨

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I’m shocked at the value of my car and get the feeling that there valuing my car higher then actual as to reduce total cost of claim I.e. avoid totaling it matter of fact I had to ask my agent to run the value of the ridge to get it as it was not listed on the appraisal.

Guess the next step is to drop off at shop and have them do a tear down first then file the supplement and see where number end up right now repair cost is 47% of total value

Just to be clear my concern is this the Ridgeline did a fantastic job absorbing the impact from a good size SUV doing at least 35 MPH and quite possibly faster but no matter how finessed the repair no one can tell how this truck will Handel a 2nd rear impact not to mention I semi often tow 3500 to 4600 worth of trailer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Waiting to drop off at shop next week as there backed up.

There going to do a full teardown and inspect, then write up supplement and see what that costs and was the insurance co comes back with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
6 Participants
smufguy
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing