Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
There inspection was visual of the rails and wheel alignment only!!

No call from body shop they just started work!!

Frame will be checked post repair? This is why I can’t stand the auto body repair industry too dam focused on collecting there check and not on the long term ownership of the car.

Now I get to check and recheck the work post repair to be sure it’s correct.

I’ll be visiting the Honda dealership tonight to see how the tailgate lines up and functions on a undamaged truck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ouch that sucks! I would be holding back tears, this my first brand new vehicle. My previous vehicle was a 2009 MDX, and one reason I got rid of it was because of a side impact. The impact crinkled the unibody below the door sill, and where the door hinges mount. While visually the repair looked nice, I was concerned about the structural rigidity if it was involved in another side impact, or head-on collision. The bodyshop welds are not the equal to the factory, and who knows if it would absorb an impact like it was designed. The used door they installed never fit quite right afterwards either, and would leak a little at the top in heavy rain, or going thru carwashes. Even after they tried realigning it a couple times, and installed new weatherstripping. Also they ended up repainting 60% of the vehicle to blend the paint, and the front end could not withstand rock hits like the factory paint did and started chipping. It was repaired at a lcal Acura dealer, but I wasn't impressed with their work.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Now I get to check and recheck the work post repair to be sure it’s correct.

I’ll be visiting the Honda dealership tonight to see how the tailgate lines up and functions on a undamaged truck.
Ask your insurance carrier to send out an adviser, even if you have to pay out of pocket for that, to sign off on the car once it is done. Do not take it upon yourself to 'check' everyone out. Also, be prepared to be disappointed, but don't try to find every single fault. Paint finish is not going to be perfect, but they will make it near perfect. It is something you may need to live with.
i wonder what warranty terms these repairs come with.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
6 Participants
smufguy
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing