Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Meh.

I like the flying buttresses of "my" model.

Glad my cargo can listen to the stereo, that's REALLY important. Not.

Except for squaring it up and dropping in the technology developed for other models, I don't see anything innovative.

Roak

·
Registered
130 Posts
That was extremely meh.

I want my time back from watching that event as it was about as underwhelming as it could have been.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not impressed, nope gonna keep the 06 and ride out with my 4 wheel drive. Why would they come out with a front wheel drive model???

·
Registered
579 Posts
...Why would they come out with a front wheel drive model???
I think a FWD truck would be a great idea.
Many areas in the US don't get inclement weather so many have RWD trucks.
I would rather have a FWD over RWD for those times when it does snow.
Just my 2cents though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can see your side on it. How do you think a fwd truck would preform pulling a boat or heavy payload??

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Would do OK with light towing (I've done it with a CIVIC!). But RWD is better for towing.. 4WD (AWD) even better. I'll bet the 2WD version gets a lower tow rating than the AWD.

FYI the new G2 RL (AWD) has new towing/hauling logic that works the VTM-4 & tranny even better for that purpose (it's automatic... no "selectable" mode) .... all per Csimo's previous post.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Let me sum it up: Lots of blah, blah, blah. And then a truck is shown that looks like every other mid-sized truck.

Roak

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
At first take, I like the looks better than the GMC twins. Still has the trunk and the back seats look like they fold up the same way

Stereo in the box? Who thunk that up? I hope that's a standalone option

Waiting to hear the performance numbers and pricing

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
looking forward to getting another Ridgeline

1 - 11 of 11 Posts