Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm more concerned with the colors I'm tired of the same old boring colors. I might have to buy a Tacoma if they don't have something flashy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is there any word yet on what colors Gen 2 will come out in? We know from Detroit and Joe's confirmations that there will be Black (Edition) and Silver. Any other intel?

We are hoping for an Obsidian Blue Pearl(esque) option...

Judging by Honda's approach to economies of scale (shared platforms and parts) and all out quest to economize production costs...is it safe to assume the Ridgeline's color palette will be shared with the Pilot and/or Odyssey?

Current 2016 Colors (* 4 colors shared )
PILOT: (8 choices)
Black Forest Pearl
Crystal Black Pearl
Dark Cherry Pearl
Steel Sapphire Metallic
Lunar Silver Metallic *
Modern Steel Metallic *
Obsidian Blue Pearl *
White Diamond Pearl *

ODYSSEY: (5 choices)
Deep Scarlet Pearl
Lunar Silver Metallic *
Modern Steel Metallic *
Obsidian Blue Pearl *
White Diamond Pearl *

Thoughts??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Red!...red, red, red!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am thinking it will be a gray scale from white to black, with one blue.
My guesses;
White Diamond
Lunar Silver
Modern Steel
A Dark Charcoal gray
Midnight Black
And a dark blue

First year Bonus color - a Merlot Red! (In place of the dark charcoal)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was thinking orange or yellow something along those lines
I would just start shopping Taco's if your wanting those colors. :act002:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Craftsman red would work for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ever notice how color impacts modern vehicle design so much more than it used to? I have had powerful reactions to designs that flip 180 when seen in a different color. It's not that black or white are good or bad colors, it's the way they look on a given design... Some designs simply look better in light colors that don't excentuate their lines and some designs look best in a dark color that highlight a curve.

As much as I love a good red, some designs don't wear it well...
I'm thinking that this new Ridgeline design is one of those. Somehow, the silver metallic seems right on this one. I really don't like silver but it looks good on the new Ridgeline! I do not like the blacked out version at all... It all may change when I see it in person but I'm guessing that this will be one of those designs...

I'd bet that Honda knows what it's doing with its color selections.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ever notice how color impacts modern vehicle design so much more than it used to? I have had powerful reactions to designs that flip 180 when seen in a different color. It's not that black or white are good or bad colors, it's the way they look on a given design... Some designs simply look better in light colors that don't excentuate their lines and some designs look best in a dark color that highlight a curve.

As much as I love a good red, some designs don't wear it well...
I'm thinking that this new Ridgeline design is one of those. Somehow, the silver metallic seems right on this one. I really don't like silver but it looks good on the new Ridgeline! I do not like the blacked out version at all... It all may change when I see it in person but I'm guessing that this will be one of those designs...

I'd bet that Honda knows what it's doing with its color selections.
I'm not a fan of the all black too much myself, I hate black wheels, however I really like the interior. I respectfully disagree that Honda knows what it's doing with its color selections. They need to get out of the bland. IMO

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Joe has hinted that we're stuck with the Pilot color palette for the MY2017 RL, but maybe Honda will shake things up a bit for MY2018. I'd also like to see them offer a bright red just to give the new truck some flair, but if/when I bought a G2, I'd opt for a light metallic green or blue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sure hope they have optional interiors, which is probably not going to happen. What made the Rideline stand out is the open area in front of the seats with no console and the open storage compartments in the dash. The other features they changed in front I could live with. Thats a deal breaker for me. Just have to drive my 2013 till she falls apart. If I had wanted a Pilot I would not have bought the truck.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I always thought the olive drab with the two-tone leather on the '06 was the best.
Amazon Green Metalic.......... Yeah Baby! :)

I do like that dark 2 tone interior in one of those 2017 trucks (the black one I think). Looks sharp... would look good in with a lot of exterior colors.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts