Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have seen a number of projections ranging from Spring to Fall.

On the one hand, fall would be consistent with most vehicle releases.

OTOH, why would they do an expensive Super Bowl ad for something you could not even look at, much less buy, for 6 months? Most people would have forgotten about it and/or bought something else by then.

I have an 06 RTL and am all but certain I will move to the new one ASAP.

Just say no to macho BS pickups....

·
Registered
566 Posts
I talked to the manager at my local dealer and he said it should be on the lot by April.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
OK, I have seen a number of projections ranging from Spring to Fall.

On the one hand, fall would be consistent with most vehicle releases.

OTOH, why would they do an expensive Super Bowl ad for something you could not even look at, much less buy, for 6 months? Most people would have forgotten about it and/or bought something else by then.

I have an 06 RTL and am all but certain I will move to the new one ASAP.

Just say no to macho BS pickups....
I talked to the manager at my local dealer and he said it should be on the lot by April.
I would guess late March or April. Similar to the '06 debut.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! That fits my time frame nicely. I love my 06 and having owned a so-called "real pickup" (Tundra) before that, I would not even consider anything but another Ridgeline. It will be nice to have current day Entertainment and collision avoidance tech. The 06 is very long in the tooth in that regard.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Thanks! That fits my time frame nicely. I love my 06 and having owned a so-called "real pickup" (Tundra) before that, I would not even consider anything but another Ridgeline. It will be nice to have current day Entertainment and collision avoidance tech. The 06 is very long in the tooth in that regard.
Is that PWD in the photo?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I watched a video from the auto show and a Honda rep was asked that and he said this spring...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wish they had taken a page out of Apple's handbook. Announce the new product, and within 14 days people are lined up at the stores for launch. I guess spring will have to do. :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
When are we going to get more specs on this thing?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I called my dealer today to ask. The salesman Tony said they dont make them and no idea when they will make them again LOL.:act018:.
Not gonna buy from them!! Muller Honda in Highland Park, IL.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I called my dealer today to ask. The salesman Tony said they dont make them and no idea when they will make them again LOL.:act018:.
Not gonna buy from them!! Muller Honda in Highland Park, IL.
... bunch o' maroons.......

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had two carseats mounted in the back of my 06 for quite some time, including one rear facing, seriously bulky one (that one had to go in the middle - Not enough room behind the seat). The standard Graco ones we had fit fine behind my seat - I am 5'11" and keep the seat pretty far back. Can't tell for sure, but the Gen 2 looks to be at least as roomy in the back as the Gen 1.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had two carseats mounted in the back of my 06 for quite some time, including one rear facing, seriously bulky one (that one had to go in the middle - Not enough room behind the seat). The standard Graco ones we had fit fine behind my seat - I am 5'11" and keep the seat pretty far back. Can't tell for sure, but the Gen 2 looks to be at least as roomy in the back as the Gen 1.
I have two 5pt harness boosters in my 2006. Plenty of room. But it looks like the RL is the only true mid-size pickup as both the Colorado and Tacoma come up a few inches short in the back seat. I am anxious for a new truck and struggling not to go to an F150 or a Tundra though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im guessing they will hit the showroom floor mid May perhaps later depending on where you live or how good your dealer is

1 - 18 of 18 Posts