Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering *CISMO* if anyone knows which of the upcoming auto shows that the RL will be shown? If they only have 2 show trucks available I'm sure that they can't make all of them.
Also, are they going to have them roped off or can we get a good look?
List of shows I have found:

1/22/2016 - 1/31/2016
Washington
Washington Auto Show

1/22/2016 - 1/24/2016
Charleston
West Virginia International Auto Show

1/27/2016 - 1/31/2016
Houston
Houston Auto Show

1/28/2016 - 1/31/2016
Portland
Portland International Auto Show

1/28/2016 - 1/31/2016
Saint Louis
Saint Louis International Auto Show

1/28/2016 - 1/31/2016
Omaha
Midlands International Auto Show

1/28/2016 - 1/31/2016
Harrisburg, PA
Pennsylvania Auto Show

1/28/2016 - 1/31/2016
Toledo
Greater Toledo Auto Show

1/30/2016 - 2/7/2016
Philadelphia
Philadelphia International Auto Show

2/4/2016 - 2/8/2016
Baltimore
Motor Trend International Auto Show—Baltimore

2/5/2016 - 2/7/2016
Davenport
Iowa/Illinois Regional Auto Show

2/11/2016 - 2/14/2016
Buffalo
Buffalo Auto Show

2/12/2016 - 2/15/2016
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh International Auto Show

2/12/2016 - 2/14/2016
Providence
Northeast International Auto Show

2/12/2016 - 2/21/2016
Toronto
Canadian International Auto Show

2/12/2016 - 2/14/2016
Spokane
Spokane International Auto Show

2/13/2016 - 2/21/2016
Chicago
Chicago Auto Show

2/17/2016 - 2/21/2016
Cincinnati
Cincinnati Auto Expo

2/20/2016 - 2/28/2016
Milwaukee
Greater Milwaukee International Auto Show

·
Registered
49 Posts
The RL is the only reason why im going to the auto show. Hopefully they have more details as far as availability date and prices by then.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If it were going to be at this one, the 2/17/2016 - 2/21/2016 Cincinnati Auto Expo I'd very much consider going.

·
Super Moderator
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Well I am sure it is not at Washington DC Auto Show and our is pretty big.
Not anything like Detroit, NY, CHI, LA but I think ours is ranked 6th or 7th.
I was going yesterday but with all this snow it was delayed until Monday.
I don't think it will open that day either if the subway is not open.
We have about 2feet of snow inside the city now and it's still falling.
The cars are in the Convention Center but people can't get there.

·
Super Moderator
5,540 Posts
Well I am sure it is not at Washington DC Auto Show and our is pretty big.

Not anything like Detroit, NY, CHI, LA but I think ours is ranked 6th or 7th.

I was going yesterday but with all this snow it was delayed until Monday.

I don't think it will open that day either if the subway is not open.

We have about 2feet of snow inside the city now and it's still falling.

The cars are in the Convention Center but people can't get there.

Those conditions are perfect to show off the G2 capabilities in inclement weather. Maybe Honda could offer test drives!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
See you in Pittsburgh..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Philly auto show lists the Ridgeline as a featured vehicle

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's been reported that the Black Edition is at the Philly show.

Unless there are multiple Black Editions making the circuit, and since the Philly schedule overlaps the Baltimore schedule, it's obvious that the Black Edition won't be at the latter. I'm still hoping that at least the silver one will be in Baltimore next week.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I just got back from the Washington ,DC Auto Show.
I will try to post some pictures later on this week.
I am tired walking around in that convention center.
Walking 7 blocks from home to subway in heavy boots snow/ice still here. I first had to go to Union Station on subway bypass auto show stop and transfer to another subway and to regular train station.
I had to pick up my mothers medicine at the doctors office pharmacy.
They took over Virginia Rail Express Corporate Office.
Have to walk a long way inside the train station thru hallway to get there. Got subway back to Convention Center stop then walked around that big place put on sneakers before looking at car and trucks for over 2hrs.
I set in the Honda Pilot in front passenger seat.
The armrest seem like it was bent down but when I pulled it back up was okay. I guess I could live with Ridgeline I took a picture of it bent down. It was so many people over at it people with toddlers all up under steering wheel. It was crowded today tomorrow is the last day and it was postponed 4 days with our snow storm.
I got some pictures of Titan, Tundra , Canyon Colorado F-150 ect.
I also got a few of the show car women must be getting old.
I listen to then talk about the vehicles on display more now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got back from the Baltimore Auto Show. The Ridgeline was not there (bummer) which is the only reason why I went.

This was the 1st day (Feb 4th), and it was boring. Maybe things will get better during the weekend. Honda only had a small area for its lineup.

I sat in the two Pilots that were there (an Elite [10 speed push-button auto] and EX-L NAV [6 speed shift knob auto]). This was to give me a feel of what it will be like to be in a Ridgeline. I felt comfortable in the cabin (I'm 5'8" @ 165 1bs). I really like the push-button selector ... very sleek ... I wish the Gen2 Ridgeline had it.

Compared to the other mid-size trucks at the show, the occupant and storage space is about the same even though storage from the Gen1 is lost. The armrests were OK, but it's hard to tell until you have to drive for hours using them. BTW, does anyone know if the Gen2 Ridgeline has heated windshield wipers like Gen1? That was another nice feature not found on other mid-sized trucks.

I digressed, but anyway ...

The Pilot/Ridgeline dash looks cleaner and more modern than the other mid-size trucks. I prefer physical buttons, but eliminating buttons is something the entire industry is moving towards (i.e., smart-phone-like interfaces).

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
2017 Coverage starts here....

Spent a couple of days in Philadelphia. Went to the Philly Pops Beatles show Friday night and visited the Philly Auto Show on Saturday.

Honda had two Ridgelines on display. The BE and the E. There was nobody greeting attendees when I was at the Honda section. I helped a few people open the tailgate as they were reaching over the tailgate which was down flat, to access the trunk. I don't get why Honda does not have some magnetic arrows on the tailgate saying 'open here and there'. Same story with the back seats, when I flipped them up, another gentleman seemed amazed.
The BE had power applied so you could play with the bells and whistles. The E had no power applied and I couldn't open the tailgate. Another gentleman suggested that if the battery is disconnected the door locks cant be operated. I didn't discuss it any further but did wonder why the tailgate wouldn't open on the E.

My two favorite items at the show were the Acura NSX and the BMW Scrambler Motorcycle.

I didn't take any pic of the 2017 Ridgelines but found some other Ridgelines in the DUB section.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Spent a couple of days in Philadelphia. Went to the Philly Pops Beatles show Friday night and visited the Philly Auto Show on Saturday.

Honda had two Ridgelines on display. The BE and the E. There was nobody greeting attendees when I was at the Honda section. I helped a few people open the tailgate as they were reaching over the tailgate which was down flat, to access the trunk. I don't get why Honda does not have some magnetic arrows on the tailgate saying 'open here and there'. Same story with the back seats, when I flipped them up, another gentleman seemed amazed.
The BE had power applied so you could play with the bells and whistles. The E had no power applied and I couldn't open the tailgate. Another gentleman suggested that if the battery is disconnected the door locks cant be operated. I didn't discuss it any further but did wonder why the tailgate wouldn't open on the E.

My two favorite items at the show were the Acura NSX and the BMW Scrambler Motorcycle.

I didn't take any pic of the 2017 Ridgelines but found some other Ridgelines in the DUB section.
I had posted the other day Wednesday that me and my cousin that lives in Baltimore went down to Washington, DC Auto Show.
I live here In DC so when he got here we walked the 6 blocks from my house caught the subway for 3 short stops and came up at the Convention Center. They had the Black Edition powered with bright Daytime Running Lights on.
With it being just noon and the show just starting when we got there you could have access to anything and enjoy without any crowd around. I played with the heated steering wheel in the BE it got pretty warm. Did not even think about trying the heated seats to see if they are weak. Could have compared to other vehicles that were powered up also like Acura TLX.
The other Ridgeline was Silver RTL and each had thee North American Truck Of The Year at top of windshield.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Just a note..... In case it seems a bit confusing.... This thread covers a 2 year period, with the old posts ending exactly one year before the new posts from today.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Just a note..... In case it seems a bit confusing.... This thread covers a 2 year period, with the old posts ending exactly one year before the new posts from today.
That explains it I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. But my post were from 2016-2017 last year deep snow when I went heavy LL Bean coat/boots. This year a Columbia Fleece jacket and tennis shoes. Last year could hardly sit in the new Pilot because of large crowds at show. Show was cancelled for a few days with snow storm kids were out of school and people not at work. Many people just getting out for the first time after snow. This year I sat in Black Edition Ridgeline 15mins I don't think anybody was over in the Silver RTL. I went back and took a look at it Pilot models nobody in you could roam freely to most any vehicle. I was there this year at same exact time of day as last year. Most people go in evening or over weekend our show was 10days and today was last day. Over 650 vehicles with a large team of security guards standing around the expensive luxury exotics that were roped off. The Nissan GT-R Nismo was roped off but security was not around some of them.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Some more pics from the DUB section of the 2017 Philly Auto Show.
The BMW Scrambler was sweet..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts