Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2200 miles, silver black leather interior. Added weather tech front mats, cargo mat under rear seat, bed mat for bed and tail gate. Love the truck but advised I need major knee-leg surgery so forced to buy something that will be much lower to ground to facilitate entry-exit. Loan paid off next week, clear title from finance company in approx 2 weeks. Absolutely perfect condition. Fly into KC and drive it home. Will release title and vehicle once cleared funds in my account. I can be reached at 816-590-5960 if interested. If agreement reached will expect a $500 Paypal or credit card deposit within 24 hours. [email protected]

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
2200 miles, silver black leather interior. Added weather tech front mats, cargo mat under rear seat, bed mat for bed and tail gate. Love the truck but advised I need major knee-leg surgery so forced to buy something that will be much lower to ground to facilitate entry-exit. Loan paid off next week, clear title from finance company in approx 2 weeks. Absolutely perfect condition. Fly into KC and drive it home. Will release title and vehicle once cleared funds in my account. I can be reached at 816-590-5960 if interested. If agreement reached will expect a $500 Paypal or credit card deposit within 24 hours. [email protected]
Wow, sorry to hear you have to sell it! Hope the surgery goes fast and you heal quick.

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
I noticed the OP's original and only other post came in 2008, so I wonder if he ever bought a RL in 2008? Maybe the 2017 is his first RL.

I would definitely want to see pictures of this vehicle with a VIN and carfax report before I sent any money via PayPal.

This may be a perfectly legitimate deal but personally I would be cautious. Perhaps I am too jaded these days.

Hope the OP gets to feeling better.

Reactions: NOVARIDGE

·
Registered
228 Posts
The whole thing sounds sketchy to me. Unfortunately there's too many scam artists in the world. I wouldn't buy anything expensive like a vehicle not from a dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I figured a Ridgeline would be the perfect height if you had a bad knee, but I'm probably missing something.

Full-size or BOF trucks would be too high of step-in, typical car would seem too low. That's one reason people like CUVs, they are easy to get in and out of...

·
Registered
229 Posts
The whole thing sounds sketchy to me. Unfortunately there's too many scam artists in the world. I wouldn't buy anything expensive like a vehicle not from a dealer.
That's why there is a minimum post requirement for selling items, not to sound mean but it should actually be deleted

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
As someone who spends a great deal of time cleaning up the aftermath of many cases such as this, it does please me to see people being suspicious and approaching with skepticism. One post in 2008, one post in 2017, seems suspicious. Their AOL account could have been p'ownd and the same password used on ROC. The phone number does go back to a epoxy coating company just outside Kansas City, so it wouldn't be hard to make contact to check it out. Even if that checks out, there should be no money exchanged until title is in hand.

I have a bad back and I find it much easier to get in and out of my truck that a car. My neighbor is recovering from hip surgery and had both knees replaced. He continues to drive his F150 because it is easier to climb into the truck than out of a car. That alone makes the OP's story suspicious.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had knee replacement and my F-150 was too hard to climb up into, My Ridgeline is perfect and regular cars are too low.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a bad back and I find it much easier to get in and out of my truck that a car. My neighbor is recovering from hip surgery and had both knees replaced. He continues to drive his F150 because it is easier to climb into the truck than out of a car. That alone makes the OP's story suspicious.
Getting out of a low sitting car may be more difficult than getting up into a higher truck. YMMV.

I have moderate/severe rheumatoid arthritis. Planned on buying one of the GM twins as I'm eligible for the GM employee discount. Can't do it - they are too tall. The RL is so much easier for entry/exit.

The OP's post may be bogus but I wouldn't assume so based on the health explanation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmmm. Well, whether or not the post and seller are legit, I always advice friends to be careful buying from a private seller. It is difficult to trust any stranger further than you can throw them these days when it comes to something expensive like a vehicle. In my opinion dealership is the way to go whether buying new or used. Would only buy a vehicle private sale if I knew the seller personally.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I had knee replacement and my F-150 was too hard to climb up into, My Ridgeline is perfect and regular cars are too low.
Four years ago March, I too had knee replacement surgery in my right leg after quite tragically shattering the kneecap twice in 5 weeks. Thank goodness I had the Ridgeline. Can't imagine an easier truck to get in and out of. Something doesn't add up.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Moderator Note : THREAD UNAPPROVED

Inappropriate Location, Insufficient Post Count, Post Suspicious

1 - 14 of 14 Posts