Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thrilled that I got my G2 Ridgeline. It has all the "E stuff" plus all weather mats, roof rails and crossbars, body side molding, side step with lights, towing package and splash guards. I am planning on getting a bed cover and a hitch mount bike carrier soon along with some other odds and ends.

I had to go 300 miles from home to get it. Since October there have been no RTL-E available in North Carolina, South Carolina or Georgia. So I went to Parkersburg, WV to get it. It drove the trip home amazingly well, with a really smooth ride and 25 mpg with spirited driving through the mountains. The LKAS and ACC are not quite up to Tesla Autopilot level though. Still, it's an excellent vehicle.

Attachments

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my BE from Flow Honda in Winston Salem and the last time I was there they had a BE and a couple RTL-E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was using cars.com, autotrader.com and looking at the each dealer site within about 25 miles of here. I may have missed that. It would have saved me several hundred miles, but I have to say that I am super happy with the service, accessory installation and deal I got at Larry Simmons Honda.

Larry Simmons Honda is a Honda dealer selling new and used cars in Parkersburg, WV.

· Premium Member
286 Posts
Congratulations Andrew, I know you've been scraping these forums for quite some time waiting for that beautiful Ridgeline to arrive at a dealer. I'm very excited for you, and welcome officially, to the club!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new goodies as you add more personality to Her!

· Premium Member
2022 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter Metallic
572 Posts
Congratulations Andrew! Now at least 3 of us on the forum have RTL-E's in Forest Mist (Max57 and myself). The basic goodness of the truck exists in all the trim levels. I've had mine since Aug 23 (VIN 9XXX), no problems and loving it. Cheers

Reactions: Andrew Diamond

· Registered
926 Posts
That is the hugest garage ever! Truck looks nice and cozy in there. Congrats. The Forest Mist is growing on me for sure.

Reactions: Andrew Diamond

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
Congrats, Andrew. Anyone picking up in RTL-E these days had to work for it. I appreciate that kind of diligence. Good look with the new truck! And man, that is a huge garage. Is that a commercial space?

· Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations Andrew! Now at least 3 of us on the forum have RTL-E's in Forest Mist (Max57 and myself). The basic goodness of the truck exists in all the trim levels. I've had mine since Aug 23 (VIN 9XXX), no problems and loving it. Cheers
Add me to the Forest Mist RTL-E club. I picked mine up in July.

Congrats Andrew on your new ride, looks great!!!

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is the hugest garage ever! Truck looks nice and cozy in there. Congrats. The Forest Mist is growing on me for sure.
That is actually the dealer's vehicle prep area. Kind of an old time, small town dealership. I really liked it. Reminded me of the downtown car dealers that were around when I was a kid.

I don't have a garage now, but am building one early next year.

Reactions: Mr. Black

· Premium Member
84 Posts
I got my Forest Mist November 15th. Did a 1,200 mile round trip for Thanksgiving, everything works and looks perfect. Added the Leer XL Shell.

· Registered
116 Posts
Congrats. I believe this is my first post in 10 years or so. I placed a down payment on a white with black interior E in mid July. Finally showed up on Friday and I picked it up on Saturday. I used the inspection checklist from the ROC. Only problem I found was a slight change in the gap of the front passenger door from top to bottom. The old 2006 RTS had been a very good truck. I can only hope this one is as good.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got my Forest Mist November 15th. Did a 1,200 mile round trip for Thanksgiving, everything works and looks perfect. Added the Leer XL Shell.

I was going to get a tonneau cover, but this might be better. Where did you get it?

· Registered
324 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS ANDREW!!!!

As other have posted. Not only welcome to the forum, but also welcome to the "FOREST MIST" family, lol. :wink:

· Registered
163 Posts
Very nice!

It seems to me like the best RTL-E pickings are in places where one might think the local population would make fun of the Ridgeline as a "truck". For you, it was WV, for me, it was out in the more western part of PA. My VIN was lower than expected for an early November purchase as well.

Worth considering for people looking to buy one.

Pete

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice!

It seems to me like the best RTL-E pickings are in places where one might think the local population would make fun of the Ridgeline as a "truck". For you, it was WV, for me, it was out in the more western part of PA. My VIN was lower than expected for an early November purchase as well.
The finance guy at the dealer said they sell base model RLs pretty well, so my sense is the economy there is fairly depressed and the market tends to be more price sensitive than some other USA vehicle markets.

My VIN was 17xxx. I don't know where that puts me on production.

· Registered
324 Posts
The finance guy at the dealer said they sell base model RLs pretty well, so my sense is the economy there is fairly depressed and the market tends to be more price sensitive than some other USA vehicle markets.

My VIN was 17xxx. I don't know where that puts me on production.
My RTL-E was built in mid November. It's VIN is 20xxx. That might give you an approximate idea of your build date. :smile:

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My RTL-E was built in mid November. It's VIN is 20xxx. That might give you an approximate idea of your build date. :smile:
I am seeing some 22xxx on the lots now, so it appears they are at an approx 1000 unit a week build rate....so I would guess mine to be mid October then.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.