Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Rtlt
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Well. I finally got the stone hit that cracked my windshield. I have the acoustic windshield. I have the 50.00 windshield insurance. Called Safelite ...they installed the acoustic one. NOW....I checked it out. They didn't scratch,dent or cause any damage . BUT my question is the rubber plastic molding running up the sides of the glass. On all of YOUR TRUCKS does it move a bit? Where the hood meets it is there any space ? Between the side plastic and the plastic? Also where it stops at the top before the roof are both sides tight down or does it life slightly if u touch it? I will provide photos in the a.m.? Your checking on ur vehicles will be greatly appreciated....I will post pics in the am. By 9...

·
Super Moderator
5,203 Posts
The clip design on the trim pieces surrounding the windshield are lacking the normal Honda ingenuity or maybe they are cutting edge, not sure. Whenever the glass is replaced it seems the trim piece is twisted or the clips are bent or broken, when the trim is removed.

They never seem to fit right against the windshield or the A pillar. If the gap is low near the hood, then the lower clip is probably broken and will need to be replaced.

I mentioned in another thread you responded to, that I will get pictures tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good info. I have a crack as well on my 2019. Need to get out of this shelter at home stuff before I get it replaced. I'm concerned with the E trim on how they do the recalibration of the cameras

1 - 3 of 3 Posts