Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's intermittent and I haven't been able to notice a definite pattern just yet. In the video, you'll have to turn up the volume to hear it. It can be heard from both inside (under the dash on the driver's side) and outside the vehicle (somewhere between or in the steering rack and steering knuckle). With the engine running, you can't hear it outside, but you can inside with the volume and fan low or off. Even driving slowly through an unlevel parking lot that puts steering forces on the front wheels will provoke it. It doesn't do it when the front wheels are lifted off the ground - only under load, which makes me think maybe the bolts that hold the steering rack need re-torqued.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You might try having an "assistant" turn the wheel while you go underneath. Sometimes you can pinpoint a noise like that by touch, when you can't localize it by ear.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
If you have a muffler shop nearby they used to have those tubular stethoscopes for pinpointing exact leaks by sound. It's way old school but all they can say is No.

·
Administrator
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: This noise eventually stopped over the weeks or months following my original post. The truck is now two years and 21K miles old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts