Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a new thread with all my 2017 Touring ridgeline issues.

This is the Canadian model truck is maybe 2 months old I have 4400 km (2734 miles)

the following have already failed:

o Auto folding mirrors
o Walk away auto lock
o auto start
o sun roof will not open
o passenger(front) side window will not go down with either the driver side switch now the passenger switch (both rear work fine)

these all worked as I have used them .

I am thinking are you freakin kidding me what else will fail with this truck.. I was in love with it and now I am thinking what have i got myself into for the next 4 years

This is just plain stupid

I have the truck going in next week and there better be answers and fixes

Jim

So for no longer a happy 2017 Ridgeline owner

·
Registered
140 Posts
A single problem with one electrical connection or circuit can cause a lot of different things to malfunction at once. I'm no mechanic so don't take my word for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here. Hope they can fix these issues for you man. I've got 40 000 kms on my early production Canadian Black Edition with no major issues yet. A few minor fit and finish issues, but that's it.

·
Administrator
22,395 Posts
A single problem with one electrical connection or circuit can cause a lot of different things to malfunction at once.
Indeed it can! My mom had a 2009 Traverse that seemed possessed. Intermittently, the radio wouldn't turn off or on, the A/C wouldn't work, random error messages would appear in the DIC indicating all sorts of system failures, the engine wouldn't respond to the accelerator, remote start wouldn't work, or the engine wouldn't crank or start. Dad took it back to the dealer several times, but they couldn't reproduce any of the problems nor were there any active or history trouble codes stored. After several failed attempts to fix the vehicle, the dealer finally called GM. Eventually they found a thin wire under the front passenger's seat that had been pinched by the seat track and was shorting to ground. After this wire was repaired and moved to a safer location, all the problems disappeared.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I got my touring just a few weeks ago and no issues at this time (crossing fingers). I also noticed my truck was manufactured in July 2017. I'm not sure if this has anything to with it or not. Hopefully your issues are just minor.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
@zroger73 I had a ground go "bad" in my old car and it caused all kinds of weird electrical gremlins!! And for a while, I thought my aftermarket head unit was going out, but it just turned out that when I went over bumps, my questionable teen-aged electrical work that was over a decade old had worn through the electrical tape, so a wire was touching the frame and causing a momentary short.

Hopefully the issue can be found in the OP's vehicle and it's a simple fix!

Those 80lbs 2x2 foot pavers ?
Good to know! Luckily, I doubt I could lift an 80lb paver, so should never have one back there. hahaha. I can only roll a 90lb bale of hay.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A single problem with one electrical connection or circuit can cause a lot of different things to malfunction at once. I'm no mechanic so don't take my word for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here. Hope they can fix these issues for you man. I've got 40 000 kms on my early production Canadian Black Edition with no major issues yet. A few minor fit and finish issues, but that's it.
There was a communication module problem and the moonroof was a wiring issue on a white wire. Everything fixed i am a happy camper

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,695 Posts
I have the only Touring Edition 2017 Ridgeline to come to the U.S. to be sold, see I have the pictures to prove it. PS, so far it's been a wonderful vehicle.

trainman

How about a pic of the Folding Mirrors, Cooled Seats and so on.. ;)

Reactions: RidgeR2

·
Registered
140 Posts
There was a communication module problem and the moonroof was a wiring issue on a white wire. Everything fixed i am a happy camper

Nice to hear your problems were fixed man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jim -

I am curious to know if you/Honda resolved this issue?

I have a similar issue where I broke my passenger side mirror, and replaced it with a 3rd party mirror that was not heated/wired. Since then, the motor in the mirror will not work; the passenger side window does not work, and my remote start will not work. The local dealer said that they are all linked to the same circuit...? I am in the middle of trying to replace the fuse to see if that works in the short term.

PS - does anyone know how to decipher the fuse box codes?

Thank you,
Pat

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jim -

I am curious to know if you/Honda resolved this issue?

I have a similar issue where I broke my passenger side mirror, and replaced it with a 3rd party mirror that was not heated/wired. Since then, the motor in the mirror will not work; the passenger side window does not work, and my remote start will not work. The local dealer said that they are all linked to the same circuit...? I am in the middle of trying to replace the fuse to see if that works in the short term.

PS - does anyone know how to decipher the fuse box codes?

Thank you,
Pat
Yes they fixed it.. I posted what t Get found. Something to do with a communication module that failed to send signals
They replaced it that everything worked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone's speaker pop when you lock & unlock the car from inside? My speakers pops every time by using lock & unlock button at the driver door (Not yet test the passenger one). Can anyone tell me what kind of problem is this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi, I have a new 2018 Touring and there have been 3 minor oddities? Can anyone comment?

1. On a cold day (-5 C) while driving, a notice displayed and said NOT all the driver assisted features can remain active. It indicated, I think, lane departure mitigation and some other. I ended up turning off cruise (I wasn't in cruise) and it went away - one time
2. Driving along at 70 Km/h no one in front, and the steering wheel shakes and I see Brake, Brake on the display, lasted a couple seconds - one time
3. After using remote truck start, then 'starting' the truck, the heated seats don't activate. I have to shut off the engine and restart - re-occurring

any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, I have a new 2018 Touring and there have been 3 minor oddities? Can anyone comment?

1. On a cold day (-5 C) while driving, a notice displayed and said NOT all the driver assisted features can remain active. It indicated, I think, lane departure mitigation and some other. I ended up turning off cruise (I wasn't in cruise) and it went away - one time
2. Driving along at 70 Km/h no one in front, and the steering wheel shakes and I see Brake, Brake on the display, lasted a couple seconds - one time
3. After using remote truck start, then 'starting' the truck, the heated seats don't activate. I have to shut off the engine and restart - re-occurring

1. The camera in the front window is covered with snow or frost

2. Have not had that but could be the front sensor

3. Mine don't heat up either have not found out why

·
Registered
54 Posts

The same code about the driver assisted features not working has also happened to me - here is sunny SASKATCHEWAN. I thought it might be because of the cold, but I read somewhere that it could be because of the sensors/ radar in the front grill was covered. I have kept the grill clean and have not had the issue since, but...I still have the nagging feeling it was somehow related to the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
1. As others have noted, most likely frost, snow or moisture interfering with the sightline of the camera at the top of the windshield behind the mirror.

2. This could be snow/frost/dirt giving false positive readings to the radar unit behind the grill. Could also be the truck hasn't sensed any steering, and you've ignored the "steering required" message.

3. It is normal with the soft-touch seat heating and cooling switches for them to shut of when going from remote start to 'running'. Because the reset to off each time you shut down the truck, they need to be activated again ever time you start the truck. With remote start, the truck doesn't recognize as being started until you push the start button.

If you mean they don't kick back in after pushing the seat button after pushing the start button, that is a problem and you should have your dealer look at it. I did have that once where I had to restart the truck. I also had the radio not boot up once and had to restart.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.