Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2017 Ridgeline RTL and hear a clunk in the transmission, sounds like i ran over a garbage can, on upshifts driving around town. To me it is a concerning sound. Of course the response of the service department is , don't worry its under warranty. Mechanic went on test drive with me and agreed it doesn't sound correct but, of course no one wants it admit that there might be a transmission concern. Having regrets I didn't purchase a Chevy or Toyota.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted to give the dealer a chance to contact Honda USA but, since the Service Manager doesn't seem interested in assisting it seems as though I am left with no choice but, call Corporate Honda.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stick it out with the dealer and let them get to the problem and the fix. The Ridgeline is a much superior vehicle to the Toyota Tacoma. I can tell you that from experience. I bought a 2016 a year ago and traded it for a new Ridgeline this past March. Yeah I lost a few dollars, but worth it for the satisfaction I've enjoyed so far with every aspect of my Ridgeline. Get yours fixed and enjoy.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Can't imagine why the dealer would not just fix the problem. It's not like the repairs are coming out of their pockets. The Honda Corporation would cover any warranty costs.

·
Registered
471 Posts
With the amount of undertorqued bolts I've found, as well as others, check all the bolts on the main driveshaft.

Personally Id check every bolt along the driveline. The dealer should have done this automatically.

Lazy incompetence.
Is there a link to online source for recommended torque for various bolts?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You are lucky you didnt get a tacoma...you would have more problems.

Anyways it is the customers responsibility to open a case/complaint with the manufacturer then bring that case # to the dealer to have it checked out oddly. There are reasons for it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If all fails you can file a lemon law claim to force them to fix it or repurchase it. I had to do that on a vehicle I could not get brake issues corrected. They sent an engineer who figured it out and fixed it. Be sure to take it in the required amount of visits and get it documented each time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing on my RTL... 27k miles still under warranty. It upshifts very rough, and makes a loud clunk sound... almost sounds like it's not getting any ATF...
this has happened about 5-6 times in the past 2 months.... always on monday mornings, after the truck's been parked for the weekend. as the temperature is reaching 50-60's at night... nothing extreme in california...

took it to the dealer and the first thing I hear from the SA is, "you should warm up your car in the morning." such BS...

the shop pro that went on the test drive with me, couldn't reproduce the clunk.... but is keeping the truck for the day, to try again later...

when is the ford ranger coming out?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ford had said November 2018, but my dealer says all the 2019 models are late and they have no idea when the new Ranger will show up!
The production line just recently started turning them out. I give it 3 to 4 months for national roll out. Need time to get inventory out to their dealers.
I had a Ranger for 14 years, I haven't seen anything yet to draw me back. Ridgeline will be hard to beat for me, for non-off road aspects.

Sorry this thread is moving off topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts