Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
The Honda press kit for RL VCM operations states:

To further smooth the activating or deactivating cylinders, the system adjusts ignition timing and throttle position and turns the torque converter lock-up on and off. As a result, the transition between three and six cylinder modes is effectively unnoticeable to the driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I took my Ridgeline into a local transmission shop. He was very familiar with Honda's and understood what the P0741 code meant. He spent all morning running tests and doing test drives but could not get the Transmission Error to appear again. I think now that a not so reputable Honda dealer I had gone to may have put the wrong type of fluid in my torque converter. It was after that that I started getting the error. Then during the evaluation done by a different (and better) dealer they drained and replaced the fluid, probably with the correct type, Honda ATF DW1. Which hopefully solved the problem. I have driven about 40 miles so far with no issues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was planning a cross country trip in a few days and I want to be sure the problem is gone.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts