Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sound quality is extremely disappointing. It is not crisp, is distorted, and adjustments do not seem to help. The dealer states this is normal. I get much better sound from a inexpensive, portable bluetooth speaker.

Can anyone rate to this? If so were you able to get resolution from your dealer?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,018 Posts
There’s a few threads in this section of members modifying the E audio system with a DSP, if I recall

I’ll try to find a link or two.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The premium audio system in the Ridgeline is not as good as a bluetooth speaker? No way. You may have something wrong with your truck. I mean I replaced the entire system in my RTL trim, but the system in the E and BE is actually pretty good for an OEM system.

·
Administrator
13,737 Posts
The sound quality is extremely disappointing. It is not crisp, is distorted, and adjustments do not seem to help. The dealer states this is normal. I get much better sound from a inexpensive, portable bluetooth speaker.

Can anyone rate to this? If so were you able to get resolution from your dealer?
I've had both a 2017 and 2019 Ridgeline with the 8-speaker "premium" audio system and it's certainly no Burmester, Bowers & Wilkins, or Bang & Olfufsen, but I think it's among the best non-branded systems available. Mine plays without audible distortion at levels well above those that will cause permanent hearing damage over time. Based on your description and my experience, I'd have to agree with @TommyDeVito's opinion that there may be something wrong with your Ridgeline. You need to compare it to other Ridgelines instead of taking your dealer's word for it. If you still think it sounds bad, make sure you're using sending good-quality audio to the vehicle over USB or Bluetooth - both of which will offer better sound quality and FM/AM/HD/SXM.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,240 Posts
You need to compare it to other Ridgelines instead of taking your dealer's word for it.
Tip @TOMw - take and use your own music on a USB stick for that comparison to ensure the tests are truly comparable / level playing field.

FWIW I'm in general agreement with @TommyDeVito and @zroger73

·
Registered
76 Posts
Truth is in my RTL... if the headunit had airplay I would have just left the entire stock system.

But, I really wanted airplay so I upgraded the headunit... but that then resulted in the need to add an amp for the subwoofer, so I upgraded the sub driver also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having an issue with my RTL-T. I felt like the tweeters (the 2 small round speakers on the pillars) weren't sounding equal. I felt like the sound was off to the right side (and yes I had it centered on the settings). So I took it to the dealer and they said that they had to order a new speaker because the left one sounded muffled. So I finally got the truck back and it sounds the same to me. 😒 Very frustrating... I guess Ima have to go back and try again. Anybody else having similar issues?
The sound in my 2018 Ridgeline, is very distorted. Adjustments do not seem to solve the issue. Sound is not crisp or clear. HD stations are only slightly better. While some tunes sound decent, most sound mediocre. The system in my vehicle is the"8 Speaker Premium Stereo Sound" I own cheap bluetooth speakers that sound terrific in comparison. The dealer states that the sound quality in my vehicle is normal. Anyone else have similar issues? Sound seems to be overpowering from the mid top dash subwoofer and the tweeters are just plain awful.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The sound in my 2018 Ridgeline, is very distorted. Adjustments do not seem to solve the issue. Sound is not crisp or clear. HD stations are only slightly better. While some tunes sound decent, most sound mediocre. The system in my vehicle is the"8 Speaker Premium Stereo Sound" I own cheap bluetooth speakers that sound terrific in comparison. The dealer states that the sound quality in my vehicle is normal. Anyone else have similar issues? Sound seems to be overpowering from the mid top dash subwoofer and the tweeters are just plain awful.
What is the bit rate of your music?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts