Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,527 Posts
It will be interesting to see what my next Blackstone analysis looks like. One has to wonder if the iron rate continues to be consistent and then if at some point it fails. Maybe there is something to that number. Time will tell.

Steve

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
We still have seven years left with our extended warranty, we may start worrying about the transmission at that time!

Bill

·
Administrator
15,733 Posts
Hopefully, there are replacement transmissions available for those who may need them given that Honda hasn't made any since March 23.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hopefully, there are replacement transmissions available for those who may need them given that Honda hasn't made any since March 23.
Most likely will start getting in to remanufactured units from Honda at this point. Whatever is in their parts supply chain based on usage is what they have. Upticks in replacements of the entire unit may get them to rebuild and stock a few more

·
Administrator
15,733 Posts
Most likely will start getting in to remanufactured units from Honda at this point. Whatever is in their parts supply chain based on usage is what they have. Upticks in replacements of the entire unit may get them to rebuild and stock a few more
That assumes the location that remanufactures the transmissions is open. All Honda production halted March 23 and is currently scheduled to remain closed through May 8. The fact that replacements all seem to be new may suggest there isn't any remanufactured stock. I expect Honda will provide long-term loaners on a case-by-case basis.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That assumes the location that remanufactures the transmissions is open. All Honda production halted March 23 and is currently scheduled to remain closed through May 8. The fact that replacements all seem to be new may suggest there isn't any remanufactured stock. I expect Honda will provide long-term loaners on a case-by-case basis.
Good points. I live a few mile from their Marysville and East Liberty assembly plants along with their R&D and test track. Only activity I am seeing is from their R&D site. Lots of test vehicles out and about. Easy to social distance there. On a positive note, friends that work for Honda suppliers are going back to work to get parts ready when Honda does start back up.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts