Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to this forums but wondering if anyone knows any specifics on the 2019 Ridgeline Black Edition stereo system. All I could find is that it is 500+ amps and thats it. I would like to know the brand, dimensions, and specs of the speakers and the subwoofer. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
'20 BE with upgraded stereo, skid plates, and Sprint Booster v3
118 Posts
The BE and the RTE-LE stereos are the same: 5.1 in the cabin and 2 exciters in the trunk. All are made by Panasonic, IIRC. There are two component speakers in the front, two coaxial speakers in the back, a center in the dash, and a sub behind the passenger's side back seat. The Android head-unit sends a stereo signal to a factory amp that adds EQ settings and amplifies the sound to all speakers. Only the 5.1 internal or 2 external speakers can be active at a time.

Everyone has an opinion on the sound quality of the system. YMMV.

·
Administrator
20,132 Posts
It's not 5.1, it's stereo (2.0) with a L+R center channel and L+R subwoofer. Neither the center channel nor subwoofer can play audio that isn't present in the either the L or R channels unlike 2.1+ systems.

The factory audio unit sends two channel analog audio to an external amplifier which has 11 outputs that drive 8 speakers in the cabin or 6 exciters in the bed. All speakers are made by Panasonic except the subwoofer which is made by Pioneer. The audio-navigation system is made by Clarion.

The amplifier's output is controlled digitally by the audio unit over an RS-485 connection rather than by varying the level of the analog signal from the audio unit to the amplifier.

The total maximum system output is (worthlessly) rated at 540-watts. Each of the six exciters in the bed is rated at 10 watts each.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow. Zroger73 pretty much blew out my post like the Bucs did the Chiefs in this year's SuperBowl. I'm going to go home and talk about posting next year. Just kidding. Thanks for the corrections, Zroger73.

·
Administrator
20,132 Posts
Haha! I know nothing about football, but watched "the game" last night for the commercials and nostalgia (my family used to gather and watch football around the holidays when I was a kid). I chose to root for the closer team which turned out to be a disappointment. :)

@DrEddie, if you search/browse this forum, there are quite a few posts discussing more details of the Ridgeline's factory audio system along with possible upgrades.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Thank you both Klh and zroger 73. Amazing info and very impressive
I dont know what you think about the sound system but I wish it had a little bit more bass without having to blast the volume and some more clarity. Do you know if it is possible or worth it to switch out the sub with a different brand that makes more bass. In my previous vehicle (an infiniti G35 coupe) i was able to try various speakers over the years and think I liked the MB Quart speakers the most (over Infinity Kappas and other more common/mainstream brands). Thank you both again!! Have a great day...
Eddie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha! I know nothing about football, but watched "the game" last night for the commercials and nostalgia (my family used to gather and watch football around the holidays when I was a kid). I chose to root for the closer team which turned out to be a disappointment. :)

@DrEddie, if you search/browse this forum, there are quite a few posts discussing more details of the Ridgeline's factory audio system along with possible upgrades.
I will do. Thank you again so much!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ahem... Check out my stereo replacement journey...

·
Registered
451 Posts
There have been folks who have swapped the stock sub out and many others (myself included) have added a JL "all in one" sub that sits under the back seat. I got an ACS110LG-TW1 and then got an Audio Control LC2i to convert the stock sub signal to feed the new sub. Between that and changing all of the stock speakers out with a bit of a step up, I am pretty happy with my setup.

I think the consensus is the Honda claim of 540W is the peak output, but in reality it is probably something like 15-20W to each of the left/right/center channels and then maybe 50W to the subwoofer RMS. So I would guess it is something like 150-200W RMS.

·
Administrator
20,132 Posts
I think the consensus is the Honda claim of 540W is the peak output, but in reality it is probably something like 15-20W to each of the left/right/center channels and then maybe 50W to the subwoofer RMS. So I would guess it is something like 150-200W RMS.
Agreed. The audio amplifier is fused at 30A, so the maximum continuous power would be 12V x 30A = 360W and that's assuming 100% efficiency (which is probably close to 90%) and not accounting for a safety factor. I think 150-250 continuous watts sounds like a reasonable estimate.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
232 Posts
Hi all, I am new to this forums but wondering if anyone knows any specifics on the 2019 Ridgeline Black Edition stereo system. All I could find is that it is 500+ amps and thats it. I would like to know the brand, dimensions, and specs of the speakers and the subwoofer. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
Let me introduce you to this thread Audio / Stereo / Sound Upgrade MEGA Thread

I'm no audiophile, but it looks like this guy did his research and linked to other users that have re tune their stereo system

1 - 11 of 11 Posts