Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,501 Posts
Luckily, my Odyssey missed the affected prod. date by three months.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Is there a simple way to determine the date of manufacture? Is it the month/year that appears at the corner of the VIN sticker on the door frame?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think I got lucky then. Mine was apparently built after the time period covered by the recall.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
DETROIT (AP) — Honda is recalling more than 628,000 vehicles in the U.S. to replace fuel pumps that can fail, causing the engines to stall. Owners will be notified by mail in late May........................................
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, two months before we find out for sure if our vehicle is involved or not, huh? I wonder what the chances are of the fuel pump seizing up before we are notified since we are planning a 2,000 mile vacation early May? It is too bad that this recall was not known about when the fuel pump cover recall was completed so our Ridgeline wouldn't need it's interior removed for a second time? :(

Bill

·
Administrator
18,544 Posts
I wonder what the chances are of the fuel pump seizing up before we are notified since we are planning a 2,000 mile vacation early May? It is too bad that this recall was not known about when the fuel pump cover recall was completed so our Ridgeline wouldn't need it's interior removed for a second time? :(

Bill
"As of March 19, 2021, Honda has received 583 warranty claims, 166 field reports, and no reports of injuries or crashes related to this issue."

That's out of 628,124 vehicles that are approximately 1.5 to 2.5 years old. As far as the chance of your fuel pump failing, 0.12% were reported to have failed as of March 19, 2021. Naturally, that number will continue to rise over time if the fuel pumps are not replaced. Your chances are "very low", but greater than zero and increase with time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just a PSA that lots of Honda’s including the 2nd gen can be included in this fuel pump recall. Here’s the link to an article. Honda, Acura Recall 628K Vehicles for Defective Fuel Pumps

Trying to do a vin check on my truck right now to see if mine is affected but the Honda vin check website is down.
I checked and mine needs the recall repair. When you look it up there is a disclaimer saying no solution right now because of no parts available. Isn't that spiffy?

·
Administrator
18,544 Posts
I checked and mine needs the recall repair. When you look it up there is a disclaimer saying no solution right now because of no parts available. Isn't that spiffy?
That's normal for big recalls like this - the part supplier can't make 600,000 fuel pumps overnight and there aren't 600,000 fuel pumps sitting around in warehouses. :)

·
Registered
2019 RTL
726 Posts
The NHTSA report linked earlier in this thread stated it affected Ridgelines manufactured Oct 31, 2018 - Aug 21, 2019. Mine was manufactured July 2019, but there is no active recall on mine (as of today). Based on later posts in this thread it appears that those affected have been flagged in the system already, so I guess in July/Aug timeframe Honda must have been using an alternate "good" part in addition to the defective one.

I'm curious if anyone with a July/Aug manufactured Ridgeline is on the recall list (or if anyone with a manufacture date before July is NOT on the list)?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts