Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a couple of dealers with treasure troves of 2019's left. Anyone in the know have a total of the incentives Honda still has on them? I remember 3 or 4k unlisted rebates back January.

·
Super Moderator
5,201 Posts
AFAIK, the large rebates are no longer in play due to the unforeseen circumstances. Dealers are holding on to their vehicles because as @zroger73 said, they may not receive another allotment of 2020's before the 2021's arrive.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dealerships are meant to sell. During this unique time your replies to reduced pricing will vary. Take the next step to find out

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealerships are meant to sell. During this unique time your replies to reduced pricing will vary. Take the next step to find out
Yeah getting some weird responses. They seem to want to sell. But def playing pricing games.

·
Registered
125 Posts
BMW Production is back up in China, but I guess, as the Ridgeline is mostly made in the US, there might not be many 2020s.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got this from my local dealer recently: "I'm writing to let you know that Honda is offering a new sales incentive that involves $1,000 for those moving from an old Honda into a new one as well as 90 days of no payments." So I could have waited and got $5k total off my Sport. They were only offering the low finance rates when I purchased last summer. I politely reminded him that I barely have 4k miles on my 2019 and don't believe in financing depreciating assets. :)

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
110 Posts
BMW Production is back up in China, but I guess, as the Ridgeline is mostly made in the US, there might not be many 2020s.
The Pilot/Odyssey/RL Alabama Plant closed down last month for two weeks of deep cleaning. Although they resumed production April 1 it's been cut back to the point that not many more 2020s are expected. The last March builds are shipping right now, and that may be it for months before inventory is back to near normal.

That being said, why are you considering a 2019, when for a few thou more you can get a 2020? Although I never disclose what I pay for any item, I am very happy with the deal I got on my 2020 RTL-E. You may want to reassess your situation. Dealers are motivated to get rid of stock, you just need to make multiple inquiries. Good luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Pilot/Odyssey/RL Alabama Plant closed down last month for two weeks of deep cleaning. Although they resumed production April 1 it's been cut back to the point that not many more 2020s are expected. The last March builds are shipping right now, and that may be it for months before inventory is back to near normal.

That being said, why are you considering a 2019, when for a few thou more you can get a 2020? Although I never disclose what I pay for any item, I am very happy with the deal I got on my 2020 RTL-E. You may want to reassess your situation. Dealers are motivated to get rid of stock, you just need to make multiple inquiries. Good luck.
I would definitely prefer to have a 2020. The problem is I only see 1 2020 RTL about 1.5 hrs from me. But there are many 2019 RTL's oddly. I was hoping I could get a better deal on a 2019 then I could a couple months ago. No luck unless I had another Honda to get the 1k loyalty it seems. Seems I'll be holding off a bit more than likely. The dealers with the 2019 RTL's aren't dealing around here, probably why they still have them.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Prices and financing were insanely good for 2019s a few months ago. I traded in a 2018 Sport with 10k miles for a brand new 2019 Sport (wanted a different color) and broke even after considering the lower finance rate, in the my 2019 will be paid off on the same date my 2018 would have been.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Prices and financing were insanely good for 2019s a few months ago. I traded in a 2018 Sport with 10k miles for a brand new 2019 Sport (wanted a different color) and broke even after considering the lower finance rate, in the my 2019 will be paid off on the same date my 2018 would have been.
If I knew all this was coming I'd have grabbed one then! Now I gotta try to squash 4 of us in my tiny king cab. Only a couple months til I gotta move from a baby seat to an all in one with kid 2. Then we can't all fit. Is what it is. My wife's car we count as infected from working at the hospital.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If I knew all this was coming I'd have grabbed one then! Now I gotta try to squash 4 of us in my tiny king cab. Only a couple months til I gotta move from a baby seat to an all in one with kid 2. Then we can't all fit. Is what it is. My wife's car we count as infected from working at the hospital.
Hopefully your RL price will go down and my 401k will go up sooner than later!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 2019 RL Sport for $27158 with all fees, before tax/title. $5000 in Honda incentives, $4300 in dealer incentives. 0.9% financing for 72 months.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I just bought a 2019 RL Sport for $27158 with all fees, before tax/title. $5000 in Honda incentives, $4300 in dealer incentives. 0.9% financing for 72 months.
AWD? That is an excellent price. If AWD, then you got a fantastic deal!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One dealer that's sitting on a hoard of 2019 RTL's budged to 30.5k pus tax. You'd think with the extra loyalty 1k they'd at least go with the 29.5k we've been hearing from 2+ months ago when sitting on a trove of them. The incentives sure seem there form reports of those getting sports.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was it an easy negotiation, they are advertising a lot? Congrats on your deal.
No negotiation at all, that was the price I was quoted on the website. They wouldn’t budge from there. Included to “Honda Loyalty” incentive of $1k.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
A little perspective, I paid 27,100 for my Accord EXL-V6 plus tax and tags back in 2014. Sticker was 31.1k. That's an awesome deal on the Sport, 11k less than a 2020 E. Honda suport like this doesn't happen often. It almost seems worth it to pay Hard Top Guy to do the Led's and still be 9k ahead.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts