Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with 16000 miles (pristine) for a 2019 Black Edition (more pristine lol). I had a third key fob programed for the 18, and kept it upon the trade. I sent away for a spare fob key from ebay ($7) and wonder if my "old" fob can be reprogramed?

·
Registered
257 Posts
You don't program (or reprogram) the remote to work on the truck, you program the truck to recognize the remote.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can 2 cars/trucks be programmed to recognize the same remote? It would be super convenient if my wife and I could each carry a single fob that worked for both of our 2017 Hondas.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Can 2 cars/trucks be programmed to recognize the same remote? It would be super convenient if my wife and I could each carry a single fob that worked for both of our 2017 Hondas.
I am actually thinking yes if you both have the same model remote, never tried it though. Might make it awkward for remote start, and leaving your wife's car unlocked (if you use button instead of touch sensor).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I traded in my 2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with 16000 miles (pristine) for a 2019 Black Edition (more pristine lol). I had a third key fob programed for the 18, and kept it upon the trade. I sent away for a spare fob key from ebay ($7) and wonder if my "old" fob can be reprogramed?
I was at a store today and the local locksmith was in the store. I asked him about reprograming my spare key fob, and he told me that it had to go to a Honda dealer to be "cleared". Oh, well....

·
Super Moderator
12,846 Posts
I was at a store today and the local locksmith was in the store. I asked him about reprograming my spare key fob, and he told me that it had to go to a Honda dealer to be "cleared". Oh, well....
Find another locksmith. The remote is NOT associated with a specific vehicle - the VEHICLE is associated with a specific REMOTE(S).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Make sure you have all of the FOB's together when they reprogram the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts