Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Ridgeline with only 3500 miles. I drove it this morning and from a complete stop it began to "lurch"/"clunk" from 1st gear to 2nd. It occurred twice for 10 minutes. I pulled over and parked it. I shut off the truck and waited 5 minutes. I started the truck and drove again with no issues. Has anyone else experienced? I called the Local Honda dealer service department. The Service Advisor asked what type of fuel in my truck and I told Costco fuel. He stated Costco's, Sam's Club, and Safeway fuel are the main reason for causing the issue????

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The service advisor just wanted to blame it on something other than Honda. Bad fuel would cause the ENGINE to lurch, not the transmission. And Costco gas, as stated above, is Top Tier gas. It's not the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the feedback...the dealership was Elk Grove Honda in Elk Grove, CA. The truck has been enjoyed but the overall customer service during the purchase was 100 % Trash! And this latest fiasco is just unbelieveable....I mean I pulled up to the service drive....the Service Advisor and Shop Foreman walked up to me while I sat in the truck. I advised them the issue. The Foreman got into my truck and Service Advisor said Foreman will go for a drive to diagnose it....REALLY????? Honda style Repair???? As I am driving, Foreman asks, "What type of fuel do you use?" I told him Costco fuel....right away he replied, "Oh We have noticed Our vehicles have recent issues with loss of power due to Costco fuel....Costco tends to purchase whatever cheapest fuel is available."
I am just thinking, Costco Fuel is a Top Tier fuel and Honda recommends Top Tier fuel....Then he finishes by saying, "Drive your truck until low fuel light turns on and fill up with Chevron, Shell, or 76....if the issue happens again bring truck back to my service department."

We return to dealership...I ask for a service invoice so I can keep record of my visit and I am told, "We didn't take your truck in so We don't make up a service invoice of any kind."

I was just amazed that I wanted to just laugh while laying on my truck's horn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts