Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Having trouble finding an answer to this one. Looking to replace the lights in the overhead console, especially the ones that light up when the door is opened (pic attached "OpenedDoor.jpg). You can see they are much more Yellow in color.

All the overhead consoles i see people dealing with on this look like an older style.

I've searched and searched and can't find a part number either.

Short of it, i'm looking to change the bulbs (unless soldered on led's..) in the overhead console to match the rest of the LED lighting. I'd even look to purchase the whole overhead console apparatus and replace the LED's, including the blue ones, then install the whole new thing.

Anyone else deal with this or know where i could order the whole piece if i had to solder on new LED's?

thanks!

E OpenedDoor.jpg ButtonPushedMapLights.jpg BlueLEDs.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man; yeah, i think so, i started to go at it wth a panel popping tool, but then figured i'd research it a bit to see if i can even replace the lights at all.
Does your upper console look just like mine above? it's to seperate "circle" lights on each side, one lights up when you get in the car (the yellower light) and one only turns on when you press the button.

Also, i'm assuming those light being low profile is key?

thanks again!

Ev

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, may have answered my own question; looks like leds soldered on at least from what i saw when i popped the whole thing out (pics below).

Got a part number to look for at least now!
If anyone else has dealt with trying to change the lights in these though, i'm all ears. Would love to get something brighter and less yellow (door open courtesy lights)

1580849114931.png 1580849149577.png 1580849180653.png

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine are different... I guess since mine don't have the reader spot light. The fronts on mine are like the back seat lights - just a plastic panel to push, no other lights embedded. Sorry, was hoping it was an easy swap for you - those LEDs made a huge difference for me. I put them in the bed too - and really helps with the trunk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

Of course, after posting this, finally found a thread on here were a picture was provided with what overhead console they were looking for. And yep, they are LED.

Question; anyone know where i could get the overhead console like this? if it wasn't too expensive, i'd be willing to take apart, and solder LED's on it, then replace the one in my truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, i ordered the part, 83250-TG7-A11ZA . I'll update how it goes

was only 45ish bucks with shipping

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, part number above is JUST the outside portion, with the sunglasses holder. Grrrr. Going to find the part number that at least includes the lights.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're probably looking for this part:

36620-T6Z-A51

For what it's worth, I took mine out, disassembled it, and decided it wasn't worth it... The LEDs are super tiny and I didn't feel like testing my soldering skills. Just gonna have to live with the yellowish bulbs I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you serious??
I should have known when the price was like $35.
I went off the picture on Ebay for the same part# >> 2017 17 Honda Ridgeline Shifter shift bezel trim 83250-TG7-A11ZA | eBay
Given the price of it, I am not sure if you would be interested in that exercise.

I apologize if I had mislead you.
No apology needed dude, no biggie. If one pops up on ebay or something i'll give it a whirl.

Unrelated, i finally had a pork roll sandwich after living here for almost 5 years... it was amazing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What is strange about the overhead console lighting is that even the stock LEDs on the same console are not the same color. The door lights are noticeable more yellow than the map lights on.my 2019 RTL-T.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Unrelated, i finally had a pork roll sandwich after living here for almost 5 years... it was amazing.
It is a NY/NJ/PA thing for a while. Taylor Ham started it all I would presume. You could ask the cook to 'burn' the pork roll and they brown it more than usual. Best thing. For a while, my every day breakfast was a pork roll egg and cheese......... after a blood test, I learned to calm down lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What is strange about the overhead console lighting is that even the stock LEDs on the same console are not the same color. The door lights are noticeable more yellow than the map lights on.my 2019 RTL-T.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That's what prompted me to take it apart. I thought maybe they weren't LED like we were told, and was hoping I would be able to find the bulb and swap it out. I found out it was LED and thought I'd just solder in a new one, but then thought better of it.

At least the high-beams, fogs, and rear turn signals were easy to upgrade to LED. I've yet to find any LED front turn signals that are bright enough.

It really bothers me when companies put in some LED lights and some incandescent. They should just go with one or the other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry phone kept popping up with crap
Agree they should go one or the other.

So, my 2018 Odyssey has the classic panel map lights. So I was thinking, would an overhead console from a 2017 RL RTL fit in a 2019, and I'd be able to maintain moonroof and back window operation? Or has the higher trims that have the window controls always had this built in LED setup?

Guess if there are any 2017 or 2018 RTL owners that could snap a pic?

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
It really bothers me when companies put in some LED lights and some incandescent. They should just go with one or the other.
For whatever reason the brake lights always burn out before the running lights/tail lights, it is best that they are halogen as their cost is less than the whole assemblies costing hundreds of dollars, if not thousands.

The Gen 2 MDX has full LED array for brake light, and running/tail lights that cost over $200 each to replace (two of them). The housings cost around $150 each. Turn signals are incandescent and cost a $1 from the dealer. So if one LED goes bad, then you need to shell out $200 every time and if the incandescent goes bad, you can buy 5 at your local walmart without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For whatever reason the brake lights always burn out before the running lights/tail lights, it is best that they are halogen as their cost is less than the whole assemblies costing hundreds of dollars, if not thousands.

The Gen 2 MDX has full LED array for brake light, and running/tail lights that cost over $200 each to replace (two of them). The housings cost around $150 each. Turn signals are incandescent and cost a $1 from the dealer. So if one LED goes bad, then you need to shell out $200 every time and if the incandescent goes bad, you can buy 5 at your local walmart without breaking a sweat.
True; for from the factory LED arrays like you mentioned.

But even just going LED bulbs like the replacement bulbs; I mean, it took me all of 15 minutes to swap out all the turn signal, bed and license plates lights to LED, probably ran me 70 bucks (i got the LED for turn signal front and back that has the built in canbus thing so it doesn't hyperflash). I guess it lets the owner have a little bit of satisfaction =-)

In other news though, found the full overhead console on ebay, used, good condition, for a reasonable price. So when it comes here, i can rip it apart and i'll post where i get with it, if it's worth it, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Retrofitting with LED bulbs should be the same as any incandescent.

What I believe is that these companies such as Hella and Sylvania, work with OEM directly to manufacture. Certifying a replacement bulb is expensive, and with the bulb holders being commong carrying their own patents, the competition is high. So OEM, non replaceable units is where these companies make their money and have an opportunity to work on various projects simultaneously.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts