Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I hit a deer a few months ago. Nothing major, just the front bumper cover and driver side fender. Ever since it was fixed I hear a noise above 50mph like a flutter.

It is only on the driver side which is where I hit the deer. Sounds like it is coming from right in front of the side mirror. I have checked all of it and it seems good. Only thing I can find is the fender flares is alot more loose than the other side that is factory.

The yellow clip (see pic) isn't catching. I am assuming when it was put back together, maybe it's a little off?
The hole where the clip goes doesn't look to be worn out.

Is there something I can wedge in-between to keep it pulled apart more?
Should there be 3m double sided tape on the fender flares?
If not, shouldn't add some?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thx
Aaron

·
Registered
267 Posts
Temporarily secure the trim with painters tape and see if the noise goes away. Regardless, the trim is not properly attached. Was the trim replaced? If not it may have been damaged in the collision. Take it back to the shop that did the repair and get it fixed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx CB,

It's been probably 8 months since they worked on it, think they will fix it with the time frame?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to ask. Might just need a new insert for the clip socket. Not sure what you call that or how easy it would be to get the part and swap it on your own, but seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to figure something out if they say no.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wouldn't hurt to ask. Might just need a new insert for the clip socket. Not sure what you call that or how easy it would be to get the part and swap it on your own, but seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to figure something out if they say no.
Agreed.
I will first tape it off to make sure it is what's making noise then call to see if they will stand by their work.

Thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts