Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealer today and parked next to this red RL. It's been 8 months since I installed my front end lift and first time I was able to do a side by side comparison

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
25 Posts
Not saying it is, but that looks way bigger than 1.5" of difference. Crazy. Did you go with Truxxx or Traxda? Do you think you'll lift more in the future, or lift the rear also?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would like to see them both in a side shot.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Maybe the red one is lowered, and not at normal height? Agree that it looks more than 1.5 inches to me, looking at side mirrors.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks like the lower air dam is in place.

From the front, it’s a great look ??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
[/QUOTE]
He might also have removed the now infamous front air dam, exaggerating the look.
Nope, haven't touched it
He could have larger diameter tires too.
No, stock wheels and tires
Maybe the red one is lowered, and not at normal height? Agree that it looks more than 1.5 inches to me, looking at side mirrors.
Would be surprised if this was lowered, it's 2020 dealer stock. I should have got a photo from the rear because they looked pretty much even.
Not saying it is, but that looks way bigger than 1.5" of difference. Crazy. Did you go with Truxxx or Traxda? Do you think you'll lift more in the future, or lift the rear also?
It does look like more than an 1 1/2", I was surprised but I know for sure my lift was 1 1/2". I went with Traxda for the ability to adjust camber and I'm happy with the look so not lifting it further, front or rear. Plus, any higher and I'd have a hard time getting my 14' SUP race board on there, lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only thing I really noticed right off the bat was the view from the drivers seat was noticeably higher - which I liked it a lot right away and still do. As far as handling, this thing seems like it corners on rails just as it did at stock height!

·
Registered
410 Posts
The side mirrors and hood look much higher, yet the roof looks only slightler higher, but I don't know how that could be. Maybe it's an illusion.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The pic is taken at an angle from the left vehicle side, there's definitely an illusion of sorts.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can research it on this forum, there's plenty of threads on it. It is different since it's a McPherson strut and definitely NOT a simple retrofit. I'd recommend contacting the mfg of the lift you want (I chose Traxda for ability to adjust camber) and ask them for recommendations for installers in your area. There are more than a few guys on here that had bad experiences using shops that had never installed a level kit on a RL, even specialty 4X shops

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can research it on this forum, there's plenty of threads on it. It is different since it's a McPherson strut and definitely NOT a simple retrofit. I'd recommend contacting the mfg of the lift you want (I chose Traxda for ability to adjust camber) and ask them for recommendations for installers in your area. There are more than a few guys on here that had bad experiences using shops that had never installed a level kit on a RL, even specialty 4X shops
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts